I married a Belizean and this is what I have just finished doing. First, get a dependecy permit 75BZ for the year, so you don't have to stamp your passport every month. You have to wait 2 years to apply for nationality, after you get that at any time you can apply for a passport. To get a work permit, it is easier once you have a dependency permit. Prices of all permits, nationality etc are different from the normal when you are married to a Belizean.
Hope this helps