Fellow messageboarders:

The Caye Caulker Elementary School needs your help!

The CCES is wanting to open a library for its schoolchildren. However, there is a severe shortage of books: namely, reference books (such as encyclopedias, science books, geography books, teacher's manuals, etc.), activity books such as those sold in the dollar stores in the U.S., with math, science, language activities for children (these would be used to provide extra-curricular school work for children), any type of reading materials for elementary school aged children, and any other types of books or materials that would assist both teachers and schools in enabling a better learning environment for the children.

In this respect, I am asking each messageboarder that lives in the U.S. (or elsewhere) to kindly visit your nearest thrift shop or local book store, purchase a box of relevant books, and kindly donate the books (together with the
shipping) to the Caye Caulker Elementary School Library Project.

Any donations are very much appreciated. You can contact me directly at [email protected]. Please mail the donated books to the following address:

Wendy Auxillou
Caye Caulker Elementary School Library Project
P.O. Box 51
Caye Caulker, Belize
Central America

I will pay to clear the books out of customs, and will deliver the books to the elementary school.

Please help to support a worthwhile project for the children of Caye Caulker.

My personal goal is to gather 10,000 relevant books. Please help if you can.

Thanks a bunch!

Wendy Auxillou