AlJ, thanks for sharing your trip report. I've been back two weeks and I'm still in denial I'm home, so I haven't written mine up yet. I've been staring at my photos. It was our 2nd trip to Belize, first to CC and we hated leaving. For all that I have read here about how it's changed, it's still a stunningly beautiful place if you are coming there from just about anywhere else. CC people live in paradise, or close to it.

Lamani ruins are about the only ruins we have missed in Belize and they look spectacular. We had a terrible time lining up a trip to Altun Ha from CC and we finally gave up and went on our own with a water taxi ride to BC and then a regular taxi driver. We also had an uncomfortable dinner at Wish Willies, but had heard only good things about eating there. That was the only bad experience we had on CC. It was even fun riding bicycle in a short rainstorm. I'd go back in five minutes if I could afford it. I can't even afford to travel every year, but I'll be back when I can. Now I need to write it all down.
Your photos are great, I wish I had taken even more. Mine were mostly of sunsets and water.