Well, after all the deleting/dogs etc. discussions please let me list a few of the things that are great about this place.

Friendly:
This country (and island) is surely in the running for the prize as "friendliest place on earth". When I visited my birth country in Europe some 3-4 years ago, they all thought I was crazy because I said hello to people in the street and had a conversation with the girls at the super market. They could learn a lot from Belizeans, I thought - and I couldn't wait to get back home.

Melting Pot:
Nowhere on this planet can one find a similar positive interaction between people of different religions, race and social background. Yes, there might be a little bla, bla, bla here and there; but it is absolutely minimal compared to any other place I have ever been to.

Service:
The people working for the different companies (supplies, utilities etc.) are genuinely dedicated. The management and owners of the various monopolies may suck, but that should lead to even more credit to the Belizeans who go beyond what could be expected to do their job. Examples? Oh, yes: The electricity lines men are working their behinds off to ensure service, moving day and night at a lousy pay to pick up broken lines etc. The BTL staff maintains a positive and friendly attitude, even though they are being (unrightfully) held responsible for all the wrongdoings of the shitty company that they happen to work for. The ladies at the Belikin distributors call me twice a week in the friendliest way to ask if I need anything, and they deliver right to my door (dock). There are lots of examples...
I talk to tourist all the time, and the general message I get, is that bartenders, shop keepers, waiters etc. are soooo nice.

Foreigners:
I would like to see a place that is more open minded towards visitors, immigrants, ex-pats etc. The immigration office might cause a bit of trouble so someone every now and then, but try to imagine being a Belizean wanting to move to the US or Europe?

This place is far from perfect. We struggle with the evil of corruption and political nonsense like everywhere else. My point is that Belize is pretty much a close as one can get to total peace and friendliness in this big mean messed up world.

That's all. Just wanted to remind everybody...