hi - got back saturday 8/26. first off, BRING HEAVY DUTY BUG SPRAY (we used a can a day, really)!! we were not in town, but north of the cut, but 'squitos were killer this year, dont forget benedryl CREAM and afterbite, they were our saviors, and i was everyone's best friend for having them. (benedryl pills and alcohol dont mix well, unless you like to sleep).

we also just winged it, no plans. is is a slow time and no problems for us. i chilled out on the beach or snorkeled while hubby dove everyday, where ever the dive master felt like going that day with no disappointments. i stayed at journeys end resort (has its own dive shop), water taxi can take you there and has a great beach with beautiful lush landscaping right on the beach, resident iguanas that sun on the coconut palms, and kayaks that you can use or rent to tie up to a bouy close by to snorkel from. i did not see ANY resorts in town with quiet or pretty beaches. oh yeah, the bar overlooks the beach too. had a great time except for those DARN MOSQUITOS!! any q's post me back. have a great trip.