Hi all,
I've been a long-time lurker, been reading this board since February. Between the thousands of messages on this board and the belize.net forum, and the ton of info online, I find that my questions are answered before I even get to asking them. So here's my first question on this board:

I'll be in SP the last week of November (my first trip, with 7 other friends & family). We love snorkeling and love that we won't have to wear wetsuits, so when I read the posts about coral scratches it got me wondering, how bad (or not bad) are the jellyfish in Belize, and does anyone know if there's a distinct jellyfish "season" in Ambergris? I've dove & snorkeled in Australia sans wetsuit knowing there were jellyfish out there that can kill 80 men per ounce of venom or whatever, and I know Belize isn't like that, but what is it like then? The field guide on ambergriscaye.com lists several species (some with stings that can hurt), but doesn't say how likely one is to encounter the bad ones.

I haven't seen this answered, so if you don't know, maybe you can tell me who I can email about this. Or just make it up like Bill does ;-). And Sandshaker, I'll bring the meat tenderizer just in case, thanks for the tip. Though it makes you wonder, if you use that stuff on you, won't the mosquies tell all their friends you're marinating the meat for their BBQ? ;-)

<font face="Impact" color="#40E0D0" size=+0>- - A l i c e</font>

<font face="Arial Black" color="#66CDAA" size=-1>Belize visitor since 12/2/2000 ;-)</font>