I hear there will be a press conference by the Government tomorrow regarding the blackouts; I will quote some headlines from the Belize media:

Originally Posted by Amandala
Greedy BEL earns record profits, but threatens blackouts
BEL's pockets getting fatter!
Take a look at how much profits BEL has made since 2005�
2007 - $29.9 million
2006 - $26.1 million
2005 - $18.9 million

Originally Posted by LoveFM
PUP LEADER COMMENTS ON POWER OUTAGES
Leader of The People's United Party, John Briceno says the PUP is gravely concerned about recent statements made by Stan Marshall, Chairman of Fortis, at the BEL's annual general meeting. The PUP says the Marshall's threat to introduce rolling blackouts to Belizeans consumers if an increase in electricity rates is not granted to BEL is offensive and disrespectful.

Originally Posted by 7 News Belize
BEL Blames Weekend Blackouts on Mexico
There were intermittent power outages countrywide over the long weekend - and while most people we spoke to felt that a spiteful Stan Marshall was toggling the switch to make the government get the sense - BEL has assured us, no such thing happened.

Originally Posted by The Reporter
Black outs again!
Belize Electricity Limited, the privately owned multi-million dollar electricity company which generated some $30 million in profit at the end of its last financial year, this week said that tough times are ahead, including potential rotating blackouts.

Originally Posted by Channel5 Belize
B.E.L.: separate blackouts are Mexico's fault
Conspiracy theorists will tell you the separate nationwide blackouts that occurred over the long weekend were messages from Belize Electricity Limited to the Public Utilities Commission.

Originally Posted by Belize Times
WATCHOUT! FOR BLACKOUTS
BEL reaches "crisis levels", says Fortis CEO

Originally Posted by The Guardian
BEL to Belizeans - Brace for Blackouts
PUC to BEL - Not so Fast!

Everybody has a different opinion; I don't buy their excuses so early after threatening the Government of Belize with "blackouts when we don't get our raise" and think the behaviour of BEL is criminal and should be threated as such. We need competition on the Electricity Market in Belize.
Any ideas?

Live and let live