I had an early dinner at the Sunset Grill tonight. I joked with Kevin (the owner) that I knew about valet parking but valet walking was new to me! Do to the construction that obscures the restaurant he has a young man (dress as a waiter) at the street to assist people through the ruble and across the gang plank.

He has built a special pier on the sunset side of the dock out over the water and provides sardines for people to feed the tarpon. OK - he's prepared for the uproar.

Dinner was simple and delicious; bowl of lobster soup with tortilla chips and crispy coconut shrimp (from the appetizer menu) served with a wonderful papaya chutney. I usually don't care for sliced papaya but this was cubed and dressed with a wonderful lime sauce. Kevin sat a visited with me while I ate and was impressed that I ate the chutney. He and the chef feel badly that most people treat it like parsley and leave it on the plate.

He insisted on sending a desert home with me so I choose the key lime pie. I just ate it with my decaf coffee and it was yummy.

In spite of the construction mess he said business has been good.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles