You didn't mentiom if you care about a pool...but IMO
you should bring your own masks & snorkels
Many docks have decent snorkel dips. I like Amigos Del Mar Dive Shop & rent fins there. Loved their night snorkel trip to Hol Chan Reserve.
Hotels on the beach near Amigos are nice, no pools but reasonable & Safe. Lily's, Conch Shell both have rooms with upstars porches, Mayan Princess might be what you're wife would like. Downtown, the Spindrift balcony rooms are nice enough. Also Next door to my favorite restaurant Estel's dine by the Sea - perfect for breakfast amd when she is closed I eat at Celi's at the Holiday Hotel or Lily's. Always wanted to stay at the Holday Hotel, sort of fancy but traditional, your wife might like it. Nice beach & Staff.
Depends on your wife...I always settled for less on the room so $$ is available for other fun activities!
Rooms with a fridge & balcony or nice beach can save lots of $$ on beverages & snacks. Plus have plenty of free fun on the balcony or beach.
Good Food everywhere - and bar b ques too.
Tell this board what you want & they will tell you their favorite. Estel would cook our Fish filets any way we chose and she serve coffee in a thermos, if you like to watch the sunrise over the blue caribbean and have your feet in the sand, that is my place.
Our guide would take us fishing, then we would snorkel, then he would cook a shore lunch of fresh fish & veggies & tortillas....YUM - then fish & snorkel home to the porch!
Some favorite snorkel docks- Amigos Del MAr, Victoria House, Ramon's.
Favorite snorkel spots - Mexico Rocks, Tres cocos, the San Pedro cut or channel, Hol Chan. Many nice places between Caye Caulker & San Pedro so that is a nice fishing - snorkel trip also. My guide is no longer available but there are many reccomended on this site.
The San Pedrano is my favorite store then Rocks
Belize it!