Potentialy and Realistically

'Dad, what is the difference between 'Potentially' and 'Realistically'?'

The father thought for a moment, then answered,

'Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Then ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars.

And then, ask your brother if he'd sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Come back and tell me what you learn from that.'

So the boy went to his mother and asked, 'Would you sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?' The mother replied, 'Of course, I would! We could really use that money to fix up the house and send you kids to a great university!'

The boy then went to his sister and asked, 'Would you sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?' The girl replied, 'Oh good heavens! I LOVE Brad Pitt and I would sleep with him in a heartbeat. Are you nuts?'

The boy then went to his brother and asked, 'Would you sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?' 'Of course,' the brother replied. 'Do you know how much a million bucks would buy?'

The boy pondered the answers for a few days and then went back to his dad.

His father asked him, 'Did you find out the difference between 'potentially' and 'realistically'?' The boy replied: 'Yes.

'Potentially,' you and I are sitting on three million dollars, But 'realistically,' we're living with two hookers and a future congressman.'

Now live from beautiful downtown San Pedro.