The poisoned fruit argument always seems to lead to a slippery slope?

In this case the investigator followed procedures and the case was tripped up by poor clerical work in a different county, although reading between the “lines” (pun intended), it would appear that the Coffee County guys saw something when Herring appeared at the Sheriffs office and were looking for a reason to stop him....being tweaked is hard to hide from a trained set of eyes, and if there were no warrants then I have to wonder if a routine traffic stop would have been the next avenue?

The area for the justices to explore would seem to be at what level of detachment the error occurred and if due diligence was shown by the officers when making the warrant check.

I would suggest that had the clerical error been within the Coffee County office, there would be a verdict for Herring, but am not sure where, from a legal and precedent setting standpoint, I fall when assessing third party error?

And I damn sure don't want the BDF entering my home because someone down the beach was robbed, and finding I have a Sig 228 protection system.....

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......