Hi,

I've been wanting to laze around in Belize for years and after a few trips to the Caribbean, have convinced hubby it's a great idea. I have NO idea where to stay, where to eat, nothin' other than everyone I know who has been there says "you gotta go." Was lucky enough to find this forum and am hoping you vets will help me out.

Planning to leave northeastern Ohio late March/early April. Airfare is very affordable at that time. Have seen lots of possible/reasonable places to stay, both on this forum and others. Would like to be on the beach or within easy walking distance--in a place with some good local food and "watering" places. We really like local foods and local bars--not fans of resorts or big hotels. Prefer to experience the culture and shop locally. Love to snorkel, don't mind organized trips as long as they're reputable. Would like to be somewhere where we can either walk or bicycle to markets/dinner/bars--don't want to have to use a car unless absolutely necessary.

Sorry to be so specific, but hoping some kind souls on this forum have some sage advice.

Have a wonderful holiday and looking forward to some great advice.

Nanabanana!