Hello Seashell,

Thank you for the opportunity to clarify. My intent in mentioning the cheap vehicle as an option to assist those folks who are already down here and are wanting to bring down more of their belongings or perhaps have some larger items transported. There are also folks who want to drive their personal vehicle down but can't fit all of their belongings in it and would prefer not to purchase and haul a trailer. Sometimes the savings replacing items in Belize makes this a cost effective option.

Normally the client would make the arrangements for the vehicle on their own. This can be done on line using the classified ads or "buy & sell" in the local of your goods. Better yet, have a friend in the area find a vehicle on your behalf. This way your friend can look into the mechanical soundness of the vehicle in person. I have however transported school busses from as far away as Maryland and New Jersey that where bought sight unseen on ebay and had no major problems on the trip. If you have no human resources up North, we can assist you in finding a suitable vehicle. If you go the sight unseen route, you can stipulate a mechanic's report from the agency of your choice as a condition of the sale. The seller then can fax or email you the report. Typically you would pay for the report if the sale goes forward and the seller would cover the cost if the report was bad or indicative of misrepresenting the condition of the vehicle. Our policy is that upon arrival I do a thorough inspection of the vehicle and change fluids, filters and tires where necessary, grease the drive line and running gear and report my findings back to the owner before leaving for Belize. This is work I do myself at no additional cost to the client.

In many cases a vehicle (small diesel) can be sold here in Belize at enough of a profit to make up the expense of the whole trip. Depending on the amount and type of cargo you want transported, there are other ways to save money on the trip; insurance, border fees, etc. There can be a lot for you to consider when planning an endever of this nature and we would be glad to assist you in any way we can regardles of whether you use our services or not.

Please feel free to contact by phone (628-8130) or email ([email protected]) should you have other questions. Thank you for your inquiry.