Originally Posted by Jeraldo
Hello,
Newbies here with easy inquiry.
This is actually a multiple question inquiry. I've read a travel book from library on Belize Cayes, awaiting US mail for 2 Belize travel books, scoured the internet sites for info. on Cayes(have chosen Caulker), researched Caye Caulker lodging options(Hostels,Hotels,Cabanas,Lodges,Resorts,tent camping,etc...), we have a general idea about all our snorkeling options, restaurants, equip. rentals, etc... I've been reading the plethora of posts on this forum but have yet to find additional info I seek, which is as follows:
I'm visiting Caye Caulker this March and would like to learn more about Croc concerns I need to heed. Apparently, snorkeling in the mangroves is a common and enjoyable experience. Don't the Croc's inhabit mangroves? How can I be certain that I won't find myself snorkeling amongst Croc's?
Just where the heck on Caye Caulker are the Croc's?
(I'm scared to death of being eaten alive).
2. I know we can kayak out to the reef for snorkeling, but are
there any nearby isle's we can kayak out to (within reasonable distance) to spend our afternoons relaxing on a deserted (or at least semi-deserted) beach, one we can snorkel off of all day?
3. I have much respect for the sea and it's creatures, please share with me what I must NEVER touch if I come across it in the reefs (ie: certain corals,sea snakes?,moray eels,are there dangerous sharks to watch for? I'm comfortable with nurse sharks, do sea turtle snap, bite, or attack? is it safe to feed the sea turtles marshmallows from my mouth? smile
Any info anyone might like to share with me concerning my neurotic issues of paranoia please feel free to reply.
In advance I want to Thank you forsharing your knowledge, neurosis, and experiences with us.
Thanx again,
JP & CK~

Feeding sea turtles marshmellows from your mouth????? What the hell????