This trip was number nine for myself and number 2 for my BFF. We had done all the tourist trips in the past and just wanted to relax and enjoy a week visiting my parents. We stayed at Banyan Bay never ate there, really never got a thing from Rico's. I think it is extremely overpriced. I think it is very sad when you sit on the beach at Banyan Bay and look south to Banana Beach and see not one empty beach chair but at Banyan Bay there are empty seats as far as the eye could see. If Banyan Bay do not make some major changes I don't see them around for much longer!!

We ate at Banana Beach for breakfast every day and the food was great. I highly recommend the Apple cinnamon french toast and the omelets. Great bang for your buck there. We ate twice at Wild Mango's once for dinner and once for lunch. Can't say enough about the food it was great I just wish there was more on the plate. The rainforest chocolate brownie sundae was heaven on earth with the toasted coconut and the caramel sauce, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. We also ate a few times at Sunny's chinese take out. The portions where big enough to split between the two of us so dinner was $ 6:00 belize each, can't beat that. The only negative food experience was at Hidden Treasure. My parents had gone for lunch and said the fish and chips where great so we decieded to make reservations for dinner. When we arrived there where four other people at the restaurant so it was not busy. It took close to 1 hour and 45 minutes for our food to arrive. My father was the only one to order a appetizer of seafood bisque which when it came 1/2 hour after ordering it he asked for some bread which came 15 minutes after he asked for it and by then the soup was gone. My mother ordered the lamb chops, my father ordered the steak and my friend and I order a chicken dinner(can't remember the actual name. Boy did we get a surprise with the chicken, for $ 26.00 BZE we where given a chicken drumstick with diced tomatos on top three pieces of vegetable on the side the worst rice and beans I had ever had on the island and stale tortias. We did not send the food back because we where afraid how long it would take to get it corrected and by this time the restaurant was filling up. We thought about ordering dessert but when we asked for a description of the "Hot chocolate Cake" we where told it is a slice of cake with chocolate sauce on it. We asked if it came with ice cream we where told no but for $7.00 BZE more we could get a scoup on the side. We decieded to skip dessert.

We spent a half day exploring the north end of the island, I hadn't done that in two years so I thought it would be fun to see all the changes. We drove as far as Captain Morgans and stopped for a few drinks. It is a nice place but to far away from San Pedro for me. We stopped at the Palapa Bar also, what a great place we had a few beers there and ordered their beef nachos, which happen to be one of the best I have ever had. We all signed our name on the floor and had a great time reading what other people had written. This bar is a must go to for any visitor to the island!!!

This trip went by way to fast, as they all do. We had the experience of departing the international airport and the computer system for American Airlines went out so the ticket agents had to write out everyone's tickets.

Hopefully, God willing I will be back next February for trip number 10.