Ok the trip is going so good and we are so relaxed. Day 3 includes a tour with Daniel from Tanisha Tours. We are supposed to meet him out at the pier in front of BB. He is driving by and he is not stopping so I scream out wait for me. Luckily he came back. About 5 other message boarders were on this trip that we all wanted to go out on together. Apparently, there was some mix-up at Tanisha and he didn't have us on his list. What a doll, he just moved people over and stuck us on his boat. Good things do come to those with big mouths. Anyway, the trip to Laminai is worth all of the $125 US. I tipped him $22 US cuz he was so good (and easy on the eyes). Anyway, after these great johnny cake things he drove us on our way to the mainland. From there we took a bumpy (very bumpy!!!) ride on a bus to the river towards Laminai here we encountered a beautiful spider monkey who looked like someone I once dated but with better hands. He grabbed the bananas Daniel gave him right away and hung out with us for a while. What a great trip. Anyway, onwards towards Laminai. We eventually made it to land and had a great lunch and then off towards the ruins. Daniel showed me how to climb a rope 'cept I fell off over his shoulder. Anyway, after a long day of walking and viewing beautiful ruins we headed back to the boat for a wonderful view of the river. Daniel knows where every bat, croc and bird living in Belize is. After the bumpy ride again, we landed in the Bamba Village (spelling?, where they have no electricity nor phones) and I almost had a real live souvenier. One of the little boys from this village challenged me to a race so I took off after him. We were running around this village for a while and then I grabbed him and picked him up to carry back to Chicago with me. He wasn't having any of that. What a hoot. What a wonderful day, we were all zonked. Daniel, I couldn't have asked for a better visit to the Mayan ruins.

Next day, snorkling with Alfonso (or so I thought). Again, waiting on the pier with Laurie, Alfonso was picking everybody but us up. There is a little bit of a mix-up with reservations in AC. Just my experience. Alfonso was overbooked so we couldn't go with him then Searious Adventures picked us up and they didn't have us on their list. Whatever. We worked it out and say the shards with Antonio. Good guy who knows his stuff. Lawyers I work with are uglier than these sharks. Great experience.

Moral of this story is to confirm a million times with your hotel for your reservations with the different tour companies. If they say a certain company is booked up, call the company on your own. A lot of the hotels (not Banana Beach) work off the commission they make from booking their guests with certain tour companies. Just a rumour I heard. The rest to come.