I just returned from Ramon's Sunday night. It is one of the better resorts on the island, but that is all relative and doesn't necessarily mean it's a good resort.

I was shocked at how small the pool was...in fact it was rarely used by patrons. Waterfall? I'd call it puddle runoff.

The rooms (gardenview) were fairly compariable to all the higher end places I stayed in in the rest of belize mainland (at half the cost), and I was satisfied.

A few problems:

1. Most of the staff had a rude demeaner - when there was a problem, they tried to make you feel like they were doing you a favor correcting it. I got the feeling that the whole Island had that attitude. Go also to the mainland and you will see a HUGE difference in the attitudes of the natives. I'll never visit Ambergris again. If you are looking for a resort island experience you would do a lot better in Jamacia or the bahamas. Going to Ambergris IS NOT a true reflection of Belize experience - NOT EVEN CLOSE.

2. Lost water pressure 5 times in the first 24 hours. Staff did correct immediately each time, but frustrating while taking a shower.

3. Bike rentals? Forget it...rusty junk and rude, uncaring staff member who handles bikes/carts has poor customer skills and it's no wonder the guy is in the position he has.

4. Restaraunt was good food and staff, although the menu specials were sometimes questionable and overpriced.

5. Bar - no complaints

6. Dive shop - excellent staff and dive masters. Beware of equipment rentals - I had a pressure gauge stick on me in a dive - very dangerous and no apology given nor mentioned.