Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
AND me too - I almost wasn't allowed on the plane last September (the return part of a round trip ticket) as my Belize Residency card had expired. I had to purchase what they called a "through" ticket which is supposedly refundable. I haven't gotten the refund yet!
I have been told it is the Belize government that requires that. When you get your passport stamped after thirty days you have to show a return ticket or $1,800. That same $1,800 went from hand to hand. LOL

YIKES! In this case I will be flying into Mexico. So I would have to satisfy Mexican regulations, I will have to check them! When crossing into Belize from Mexico how do they ensure you have financial means? Since presumebly you would leave by land too they have to have different rules than for flying. Is a visa really necessary for over 30 days or extensions were mentioned or can you leave and reenter the country to satisfy them as you can in Mexico? I guess the first time around 30 days would be enough to decide if I wanted to arrange for longer visits. I expect that I will but......? Thank all of you for opening my eyes to these issues. I figured I would show up at the Belizean border and be able to meet their regulations easily enough. After all tourism is an important industry to the economy, right? A one way ticket into Mexico may present less problems than Belize. I will now start searching out Mexicos rules and requirements. I have been to Mexico dozens of times by RV and by air and by train and by bus. All my air trips were round trip so it never came up. Cruises too, no problem. You can't show round trip driving in. Would a round trip bus ticket satisfy anybody? Not!