If you are a parent traveling alone outside of the US with a child, you need to have a notarized parental consent document. This needs to be signed by the other parent. This document allows travel outside of the US without both parents. Stops parents from taking the children without consent of the other. Go to US website on travel with minors outside of the US. Hope it helps.