My wife and I will be on Ambergris Caye on Dec.2 and staying for a week. We have been coming down for the past few years and we both enjoy diving. I regularly notice announcements of clean up dives among scuba websites/forums, etc.

I was thinking how nice it would be do be a part of a clean up dive in our favorite dive vacation location. I realize that no dive operator could afford to organize such a thing without the participants paying, and I think people would be willing to pay for the opportunity to give something back to a place we enjoy diving.

Does anyone think that other tourist would volunteer and pay for the opportunity to be a part of an underwater clean up effort?

I know I would be happy to volunteer and pay for the opportunity if we could do something meaningful while on vacation and be underwater. We generally bring items and donate to SAGA but something underwater would be cool as well.

The fact is, we come to AC for the people, weather, diving, and slow pace and while we will always donate to SAGA it is not what brings us to AC