Our Private Island for the Day in the Belize Barrier Reef

After riding our bikes into town for groceries, and paying our friend Robert a quick visit at Royal Palm Villas, we headed home for lunch.  Before we started making our usual sandwiches, Barry got on his laptop and went into Facebook, where he saw that the Lazy Croc had posted a photo of their special -- Smokehouse Shepherd's Pie.  It looked amazing, and only took us a few seconds to make the executive decision to head over there for lunch.  After all, "the Croc" is dangerously close -- almost within smellin' distance, but not quite (thank the gods!)  They were also having sweet potato pie today, one of my favorites, so off we went.  

The Shepherd's Pie was even better than it looked in the photo.  It was so filling that I had to get the sweet potato pie to go; hopefully I'll have more room after dinner.  It was the perfect warming lunch for an overcast, blustery, cool day on Ambergris Caye.  How cold was it?  We're talking low 70s, people!  
Picture
Smokehouse Shepherd's Pie with mashed potatoes and garlic toast. Comfort food!
Picture
Hey, I deserve this -- I ran almost 4 miles and rode 9.6 miles this morning! :)
Picture
They aren't kidding...see photos following
Picture
One of the Lazy Croc owners' dogs hoping for a handout
Picture
Sammy, aka Cannelo, the stray dog we've been feeding, kind of follows us everywhere.
Picture
A map of the area. We're at Grand Caribe, just a quick walk from Lazy Croc.

Emily & Barry

We're a couple of adventurous expats who decided to retire to Ambergris Caye, Belize from North Carolina.  We built a condo on the beach north of San Pedro and moved in with our Boston Terrier Paisley in August 2011.  We're living or dream of being car-free and rely on our beach bikes to get around. 

This blog chronicles our experiences after moving to Belize. To read about how we discovered Belize and constructed our condo from afar, see the other tabs at the top of the page.

Traveling Twosome

For trip reports and photos from some of our past (non-Belize) adventures, check out our older site here:
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com/

Be Belize