Fancy Purple Paint is the brand of Rebecca Stirm. Plus TV has featured her local fashion shows held at the George Price Centre in Belmopan. The 18 year old Stirm is a self-thought designer with four years experience and she recently had the great opportunity of competing in a competition known as Mission Catwalk. Mission Catwalk is a popular Caribbean show that airs on TVJ in Jamaica. The objective of the show is to find and develop Caribbean talent. When it was first aired last year it focused only on Jamaican talent; but for season two the show has expanded its influence and incorporates a more regional audience. Belize showcased Rebecca Stirm who auditioned for the spot and was fortunate to join nineteen other designers from the Caribbean. She shared about her appearance as one of the designers on the show.

Rebecca Stirm, Designer
Mission Catwalk is a Caribbean based TV show, somewhat similar to Project Runway. It starts out with twenty designers and then fifteen designers and then each week a designer is eliminated. I was one of the seven international designers who went to Jamaica to complete in the Mission Catwalk series. Leaving Belize, I was really excited, because it was really new for me; I had never been to Jamaica before this. I have actually never travelled in the Caribbean and I have never done something this big with my designs and so to get to go and compete every week and design a new piece, constantly designing something new and constantly getting new challenges, was exciting. It was very exciting.

She spoke about what the experience has done for her and other designers she got to meet.

Rebecca Stirm
The experience was very exciting; it was such a big learning experience. You are pushed to your limits in every single challenge and you have to constantly be coming up with something new and executing new things and it's a challenge. However, it's so exciting; the people I met, the places we went, the connections I made was very exciting. Don't forget the show airs tonight at 7:30 Belize time on Television Jamaica.com.

Mission Catwalk airs tonight on TVJ at 7:30pm - Belize time - and it can be viewed via the internet at Televisionjamaica.com

PlusTV

Here's a long teaser trailer for Mission Catwalk. At around 2:10, Belmopan's Rebecca Stirm can be seen interacting with the judges, and explaining her styles. Good luck, Rebecca!