The Search for Cheap Food on Back Street and a Hidden Gem Found: Briana's Deli

Back Street (more properly known as Angel Coral Drive) is a road of small, local food shops, tiny grocery and produce stores, old school houses, used clothing stores like this one My Clothes Shopping in San Pedro and more. It's a very eclectic local mix. Yesterday, trying to recreate the yummy local taco dining experience of Mexico, we set out to find...well...cheap yummy, local tacos.

Mini's Market (across the street from Caye Supplies) has now opened a Christian Book Store. The gentlemen of Mini's are fishermen and sell their fresh catch in the morning by the old soccer field at around 7am. Any leftovers (and there hasn't been much recently) are sold during the day at Mini's Store.

Sew What! is there to help with your sewing needs. There is also a smaller local fabric and sewing store across the street.

I haven't been in Domingo's Tortilla factory in ages! They've actually upgraded their machinery. They make fresh corn and flour tortillas to die for all morning long. Corn are $2bzd a pound.

If you need the tortillas in the afternoon, just stop in the little market across the street. They've got them. Yesterday they also have queso fresco, shrimp and pig tails. Yum.

We finally found Briana's Deli and the place was PACKED. A very good sign. It's right across the street from Super Buy.

Here is another local shop...a great spot for cheap plastic containers as well as bar glasses/shot glasses. They have always been the cheapest I could find in town.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop