Who says that the "busy season" on Ambergris Caye is drawing to an end? Not me.

The SAGA Humane Society held its monthly fundraising cook-off at Wet Willy's Bar (and soon to be restaurant) last night. We arrived right on time...6pm...and there was already a good crowd. After reading yesterday's article in the local paper about an abused Loggerhead Turtle SAGA is helping to rehabilitate, who wouldn't want to help them raise money?

Wet Willy's has new owners, a new logo and a fresh paint job.

There were six donated dishes competing. The $10bzd entry tickets sold out fast. Seafood was this months category.

People are starting to get pretty fancy. Look at this gorgeous smoked salmon with a vinegrette and little star shaped puff pasty crackers.

Entry #4 from Molly Malone's at The Hotel..mussels. I'm not sure where people are getting salmon or mussels from in Belize (neither come from anywhere near here)...but definitely a nice change of pace.

I worked for 2 weeks to find trivia buffs...those who knew things I never would. I met my team at Pedro's Inn for the weekly trivia match up. The categories were seemingly innocuous. Geography, Sex, Pot luck, Music and Movies.

There were quite a few teams...

We didn't win. So, as the good sport that I am, I'll just leave you with a particularly uncomplimentary picture of another team.

We tried...Al, Rob, Carolyn, Beth and me, we tried. We will do better next time.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS OF GREAT photos on San Pedro Scoop