I come in peace.

50 years ago, President John F Kennedy, my favorite American president found the Peace Corp. This was the era of Flower Power when peace and love ruled. The emblems and the anthems were manifested through the peace sign and the marijuana plant. Babies were booming! It was the dawn of technology, desegregation, and women's liberation. Presidents, Scientists, and Musicians were all smoking out of the same bag. The Grateful Dead, the Rolling Stones, and the Beatles ruled the air waves. I can still hear the Beatles, John Lennon in my ear, singing "Mother Mary come to me, speaking words of wisdom Let it be, Let it be!"

Today, fifty years later Flower Power is alive and well! In the United States of America marijuana is the number one cash crop bringing in over a billion dollars per year. It can be purchased at pharmacies throughout the nation. In 1988, exactly one year before the return of Haley's Comet, the messenger of Genesis, scientists at Brown University discovered that marijuana was none-narcotic, none-toxic, and good for patients suffering from cancer, insomnia, multiple sclerosis, asthma, glaucoma, depression, and various other ailments. There is even a university where students learn to grow, produce, develop, and market this herb (Genesis 1:29, Psalm 104:14). Supreme Court judge, Francis Young, declared, "Based upon the facts established in this record and set out above, one must reasonably conclude that there is accepted safety for use of marijuana under medical supervision. To conclude otherwise, on the record would be unreasonable, arbitrary, and capricious. There is no lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision and it may lawfully be transferred from Schedule 1 to Schedule 2." The Judge recommends that the administrator transfer cannabis.

The Canadian Police Chief Association is even fighting for decriminalization. Most have urged law makers to re-legalize and tax use of this herb by responsible adults, with age limits and regulations like those on alcohol and tobacco. Government needs to free up our resources to combat violent crime.

Over in Europe there are coffee shops where different types of marijuana can be purchased and consumed. Statistics in these areas show a decrease in crime and an increase in education!

Meanwhile back in the Jewel, Belize, the Land of the Free where terrorists, contra bandidos, and money launderers rule we find ourselves in Superbondage, dehumanized and marginalized. Families are being traumatized and criminalized for possessing 60 grams of this healing herb with a street value of twenty-two dollars and fifty cents, the cheapest medicine in the world!

Everyone found in the area will be charged for drug trafficking, handcuffed, and locked up overnight. If fortunate enough they will be granted bail if they are able to get two persons with lucrative bank accounts or secure job letters. If not so fortunate they will be sent to her majesty's prison for a month and a half and eventually found guilty, fined $10,000 and sentenced to three years in prison. What in heaven's name is going on here? Is this 2012 Belize or 7th century B.C Sparta? Draco, what have I done to deserve such a faith? Why are you cheating me of my destiny? You fooled me, cheat me, starved me, beat me, and underpay me and now you dear to incarcerate me for the only thing that relieves my soul from this hell on earth we call Belize! After thirty-one years of independence, bible kissing peruques and neck ties the Jewel is still in the queen's crown! No justice no peace. In the name of Cyrus the Great, the architect of peace, let there be light.

No justice, no peace.
Peace be with you Belize.
Clinton "Pulu" Lightburn a.k.a The Whip