I agree to an extent, but tourism is the life's blood of SP/AC and this sort of incident will surely gain attention elsewhere. why not approach it with a reasonable post upon the public access? The island cannot and does not exist within the bubble of this private arena. Crime is sadly increasinly high. I find it odd that it is predominantly attributed to 'lack of activities' for the youth. These criminal perp elements are going to keep coming to and visiting upon AC their crimes. The San Pedro families are not raising these idiot violent criminals, although there is no accounting for the few that go 'bad' raised by good folks in SP. Let tourists know that yes, there are crimes, and yes, you can be more educated about the current situation, but it is NOT the norm. Hiding the subject is not good for the overall economic health. I, too, refer many of my friends and associates in Texas to the wonderful experiences of the jewel I call SP...but the caveats have exponentially increased. I'm almost all out of confidence in sending my peeps to SP these days. Just my 2 cents worth. Having been a resident over a decade ago, I may be out of touch, but I am in touch with many friends who do reside in SP.