Thank you all for the well wishes. Harriette I have to wait here or at least somewhere in the USA until we are reasonably certain I won't have a serious relapse. The day I flew out by the time I got to Boston I could not walk so if I would have stayed a few more hours I might have required a med flight.

Would a doctor recognize the disease, it is kind of rare, I had never heard of it. It took a Neurologist at Mass Gen. Hospital and they were not reasonably sure until they did a spinal tap. The treatment for me may or may not be available in Belize if it kicked in full scale again. There is no cure, it cures itself or it doesn't. Usually it does, but no one knows how long it will take. 3 months - 6 months - longer ?

I'm looking forward to the warmth of the climate, my friends and the country of Belize but it will take a few more weeks before I dare. I will have to suffer in this god forsaken cold a little longer. It SUCKS!

Now if anyone reading this post could inform me if any of the Hospitals in Belize have a neurology department that would help with our decision. I will be making some inquiries soon myself. Again thank you all and I certainly miss the Island and everyone.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize