A construction worker in San Pedro is in the KHMH tonight after surviving a massive electrical shock and the fall from a four-storey building. It happened this afternoon at 4:20 pm in the downtown area of the island town. 42 year old Artemio Tamai was on top of Sunbreeze Suites working on a roof when a sheet of zinc he was holding came in contact with what we are told is a BEL high tension wire. Due to the power of the jolt, witnesses say he fell from roof unto Barrier Reef Drive. He was taken to a town doctor and then, due to the seriousness of his injuries, airlifted to Belize City. San Pedro Police say his injuries are not life threatening and his major injury is second degree burns to his stomach.

Channel 7