Lazy Croc's BBQ joint about 2.5 miles north on Ambergris Caye has that sort of cult (no tattoos yet that I know of�but a certain fervor for sure). It's been an Ambergris Caye favorite for those who love their Southern style American barbecue.

SO, when I ran into new owners in town a few weeks ago (NNNNEWWWWW WHAT??!?!?!?!), I was a bit nervous. Sure Christiano and his father seemed to have some great ideas, like more days open, extended hours and a Croc Mobile delivery service, but would the recipes, the smoky meaty goodness be the same?

For those who are wondering what the new hours are, they are Wednesday through Sunday 11am to 5pm.

[Linked Image]

Here is Christiano�super friendly, chatty guy with lots of great ideas. Like these "Croc Eggs"�green cherries that are steeping in overproof rum as we speak.

Or this Croc Shake that he dropped off at our table. Rum, gin, melon liquer and coconut ice cream. It's a Long Island Iced Tea in disguise. Beware!

Or serving breakfast in the future. Biscuits and gravy, chicken fried steak�we should all plan to be Plus 5 pounds in 2014.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop