“Polar vortex” hits San Pedro Belize
I have not checked the temp, temp but sitting here with cold hands n feet and I am wearing socks. It feels crazy cold today, there is a strong wind that has been howling off and on all morning. In addition to a hoodie and long pants, I have a bandana on and airline blanket while working at my desk. I also pulled out our comforter for later and we switched our evening plans and invited Matt to watch basketball at our house instead of going to Lola’s and watching it on their League Pass. I am far too cold to leave the house today and Paul just wanted to come home after work and relax. Before long in our back and forth in fb messenger about tonight, Matt and I got talking about the weather. He linked me to what he was reading - U.S. Midwest, Northeast hit by bitter cold temperatures and What is a polar vortex? Both good articles. The second one has easy to understand graphics and a short write up about the cold snap that is gripping North America as cold Arctic air moves south. He is probably right in his assumption about it causing our frosty weather, it sure feels like the “Polar vortex” has hit San Pedro Belize.

The Polar Vortex Moves into Belize And It’s Kinda Beautiful
Ha. I’m not even sure what a polar vortex is…but the US News stations are ALL ABOUT IT right now. Temperatures at ridiculous levels like -65F. The Weather Channel asks: How cold can it get? Brrrrr-meggedon 2014. Late afternoon yesterday, the storm system moved from the north across Belize and it made for a dramatic sunset after what had been a gorgeous afternoon in San Pedro. The day at about 2pm…high 70s and warm sun. As I walked/ran to town yesterday a big orange cloud crept southward…and boats raced back to town to beat it.