Another day with no water in Arenal Village. At 8.45 on Sunday morning we still have no water supply. We cannot even brush our teeth nore take a shower.

Obviously there are 2 reasons for this:

First of all: The water board members are fighting each others. Obviously many people in the village don't pay the monthly fee. If you do not pay electricity BEL will disconnect you within some few days. In Arenal, if you don't pay the water, nothing happens and people say it's because the family of the chairman of the water board didn't pay for the longest period - many months - and that's why he would not want to disconnect. Many people now figured out that nothing is happening and that's why they don't pay - they pay for monthly TV channels but not for water. This is inacceptable!

But it is also a political thing. The water board is mainly PUP but the government UDP - both parties are fighting and it's on the back of us citizens. Especially the government punish us now as we voted for "the wrong candidate in June"! After 30 years of promises - all of them broken promises - the village voted for a change. The result is now that the government completely ignore us now and we just suffer.

So in summer we had to accept up to 16 hours daily without water - just 8 hours of water and all this just to make us suffer for our voting and fight each others while following personal motivation.

Water is life, water is a basic need, water is cleanliness and a first step out of poverty and we have to accept to stay without water for hours, half days and even more.
Stop this NOW!

I ask the water board to stop fighting immediately!
I ask the government to stop punishing us.

.... and I ask the readers: Could you please help?
Our water system had been donated by a Canadian company and maybe we must contact this company to make a change in the administration of this water facility. I'm very sure that this was the least this company wanted and I think we would need to get in touch with the company to make a change?

Do you have any tips and ideas what we could do to get water permanently 24/7?

Please support us. Please send us your opinion how we could change this unstandable situation. I had lived in 17 dfferent countries but didn't have one situation even close to what';s happening in Arenal.
How could we get more attention? Could you please help to get journalists into the village?

We have a site on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arenal-Village/208072946031672
and a group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/230743143609896/

Maybe you want to help and leave your comment? or send a PM? Thank you very much.