Now I've got to ask. dec, is this the same guy that scared you too?

Yes, I met this young fellow a couple of months ago. The first time I met him he approached me on the beach. He was trying to sell me a fairly ugly spider. [Linked Image] I politely turned him down and he made a second effort but upon my second polite refusal, quietly and calmly went on his way. The next time I met him, he did not remember that meeting, however, he wasn't trying to sell me anything, he just felt like talking to me. Though he was capable of being humorously aggressive in his efforts to speak with me, all in all, I found him to be very gentle with a great sense of humor and a kind of spirituality. I also thought he was probably a little stoned from time to time but certainly never saw the slightest bit of threatening behavior. I must say I'm quite disconcerted by your reports.

With regard to his saying that the tourists have wrecked the island, I never heard him say anything like that, other than to express his concerns that too much fast growth will be bad for the island. I can't help but wonder what would have brought that on. With regard to him yelling and swearing up at the people in the Mayan Princess, I'm astounded. I would never have imagined it was in him.

He always tried to engage me in conversations and often if I had the time I would talk with him. He appeared to be really into his art and talked about his freedom quite often. I would tease him about his hair and his clothes and he always took it quite well and just laughed along with me. One day he ran all the way up the coast just because he felt like it. I found him quite engaging and obviously, I'm staggered by these reports.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?