Yes Rhon, there's no question I'm disappointed about this state of affairs. I was there for 18 days and knew him for about 10 of those and either saw him or spoke with him just about every day, sometimes more than once a day and a couple of times for longer than an hour. He was always pretty respectful to me. More so than many of the other boys, that's for sure. I'm saddened now because thinking of him had always made me smile. I can't help wondering if he's had something happen to him or if my radar was just *totally* turned off.

The other thing that is so odd about it, is how could I have seen him so often and not have caught the same act you did? I just can't help wondering what's the matter with me. Was I so blissed out on AC that I missed it all? On the other hand, maybe he's got a bipolar disorder and he was OK when I was there. I just don't know. It's all very strange. Of course, if he does have a bipolar disorder that might explain how he had the energy to run up the coast and back. :^) You don't see too many locals hurrying anywhere, let alone going for a 10 mile run.

Please don't think that I am doubting you. I am not at all. I'm just confused about the whole thing. I mean this young fella made me laugh every time I spoke to him. I feel bad for him that he so obviously has something wrong with him.

[This message has been edited by seashell (edited 03-25-2002).]

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?