MEN AT WORK: My Favorite Breakfast Spot, Estel's, Opening Delayed Slightly�

Estel's Dine by the Sea originally announced TODAY as the opening date�it was apparent when I rolled up yesterday for a sneak preview that would not be the case.

Here is what I saw yesterday, one day before the proposed opening date. CHANGES!

The "family table" is now a bar area. And there is a floor! With all the sand swept out�Guatemalan marble! Who would have guessed?

The bar will open on the outside�

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop!

"Something Old, Something New" at Estel's Dine By the Sea

I knew from my day with Charles Worthington emptying his lobster traps that he planned to introduce some changes and my curiosity just got the better of me (and not for the first time I might add).

There appeared to be so much to do in the remaining time before the scheduled re-opening so yesterday when I was in 'Town my inquisitiveness (some might call it nosiness) and curiosity got the better of me and I popped in to see what progress had been made. Oh, and also to find out if they would be open today as had been originally planned.

The full Estel's team was there and they were all busily at work but it was obvious immediately that this wide ranging project would not be completed as planned but it looked good, really good.

The walls have been cleared of paintings and photos and all holes are being filled before a repaint.

This upgrade, and believe me it's an upgrade with a capital U, has really been an Estel's team effort with everyone playing a part.

How about these gorgeous floor tiles that have been 'hidden' for years under sand.

There's still a lot to do but I know, I just know that the Estel's Experience is going to be better than ever and I for one cannot wait for it to re-open this Friday 9 October, bright and early at 06.00 hours. I'll be there. Will you?

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the "Building a New Life" Blog