I don't know if you are the same fellow who emailed me last week with this question, but I will give you the same answer I gave him. Like any job in Belize, bartender, waiter, etc, to perform as a musician in Belize you need a Work Permit or you must be a Permanent Resident. As a tourist, you can go to Immigration and Labour and get the paperwork and it takes approximately 2 months to process. Of course, there are no guarantees that you will be approved. A bar that hires for pay or allows a musician to work/volunteer without a work permit runs the risk of being fined as much as $10,000.00, losing their liquor license and possible jail time, as does the tourist. A bar can also sponsor a work permit for a musician to work in that bar, and that bar only. But like taxi drivers, vendors, hair dressers, realtors, doctors, veterinarians and dentists, musicians also need to have the proper visas to work/volunteer in Belize. Hope this helps.