My wife and I are in the process of deciding on a contractor to build us a small wood frame house on Caye Caulker.
We were told by one contractor we interviewed that if anyone on the job site gets hurt that the contractor hired or has working for him, then the cost for medical for the hurt person is split between the contractor and the owner. is this correct? Seems wrong to us. If no one knows the correct answer to our question then does anyone know a lawyer (contact info please) that we can contact to pay him if need be be, to answer this question. It concerns us if this is the law then is there some kind of insurance we can buy for this purpose to protect ourselves in case of an accident? Thanks for any help.

Frank and Natalie Ross
"May you always have a seashell in your pocket and sand in your shoes"