FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, West Vision (Cayo) and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Rise and Shine Morning Show, and the Dickie Bradley Specials

The San Pedro Sun

Belizean children to benefit from successful fashion show held at Acquafino
Another successful charity fashion show took place at Acquafino Island Resort and Spa on Saturday, November 26th. Hosted by Paradise Guy Productions in collaboration with the Ambergris Caye Rotary Club, the show featured two international designers with proceeds benefiting the paediatric unit at the Karl Huesner Memorial Hospital (KHMH) and Rotary Gift of Life Foundation. The glamorous event was well attended by both locals and foreign visitors. Attendees, dressed in white or purple, made their way to the private island located just west of San Pedro Town starting from 5PM. The admission fee of $120 which included the complementary boat transportation as well as dinner at the event. While everyone waited for the show to kick off, guitarists and vocalists Giselle O' Brien and Tsunami Nick kept the crowd entertained. A cash bar, with proceeds also benefiting the charitable organization, provided cold drinks and refreshing cocktails. At the end of the first segment, Belize's very own international recording artist Tanya Carter took to the stage. Brining her reggae vibes to Acquafino, Tanya had the crowed grooving to her smooth melodious voice and upbeat dance moves.

San Pedro counts down to Christmas with tree lighting ceremony
Tis' the season to be jolly and to kick off the holidays, the San Pedro Town Council (SPTC) hosted their annual 'Lighting of the Christmas Tree' ceremony on Sunday, November 27th. Hundreds of island families and visitors crowded the Central Park to witness the ceremony, which took place shortly after 7PM. "We have been getting a lot of rain these past few days. We were afraid it was going to rain today and have to post-pone this wonderful event. Thankfully, it is a beautiful night tonight to be among friends and family. It is also a special night because we are not only lighting the Christmas tree, but we are celebrating San Pedro's 32nd Township Anniversary. I would to applaud all of our hardworking people, who work daily to build San Pedro and push it forward. We also remember those pioneers that are no longer with us, but definitely made their mark in making San Pedro what it is today. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. May your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter, and goodness, and years ahead be full of contentment and joy," said Mayor Guerrero.

Reward offered for return of stolen Golf Cart
Police in San Pedro Town are investigating the theft of a golf cart which was stolen on Friday night, November, 25th in the town core area. The golf cart, red in colour and with license plate number 3085, went missing sometime after 10:30PM. The owner of the cart, Robert Novak, reported that he parked and locked his golf cart on Pelican Street, next to the San Pedro Lions Club around 10:30PM that night. When he returned sometime after, his golf cart was gone. As a result, Novak is desperately asking everyone to assist him in the finding of his mode of transportation. He is offering a $1,000 reward for any information that might lead to the recovery of the golf cart. The San Pedro Police Department is seeking the public's assistance as their investigation continues. Anyone that may have information about the golf cart's whereabouts is asked to call the police station at 206-2022.

Ambergris Today

Lily's Treasure Chest Celebrates 10th Anniversary
Longstanding isand favorite, Lily's Treasure Chest celebrated it 10th anniversary on Sunday, November 27th, 2016. To commerate the anniversary, Lily's invited its customers to enjoy special deals on food and beverages; everyone danced the night away thanks to Rompe Raja. Proud owner Nellie Brown stated that she is so happy with the outcome and is appreciative of everyones support throughout the years. Congratulations!

San Pedro Enjoys New Ambergris Stadium at Soft Opening Games
The Government of Belize, through the Belize Infrastructure Limited, held a soft launch of the Ambergris Stadium this past weekend with two soccer matches played at the newly constructed sports facility. The stadium is still a few weeks from final completion but the island of Ambergris Caye was treated to more than a sneak preview of the Ambergris Stadium facilities. Those in attendance of the friendly matches enjoyed the actual first time use of the new synthetic turf field and its complimenting lighting system. "Last night was one of the proudest moments I have had," commented Councilor Hector 'Tito' Alamilla who has been arduously working alongside Belize Infrastructure Limited to complete the stadium; his portfolios include sports and youth development. "It was a night that a community came out and supported the beautiful game of football. Three countries displayed their talent on the field. Events like these unite a community open doors to our youth; it also brings out entire families. Thank you to all who were part of this event and helped in organizing this first of a kind event."

Belize Prime Minister Expresses Condolences on Passing of Fidel Castro
Dear President Ra�l Castro Ruz, This note is penned with a heavy heart. You have lost your brother, the Cuban People have lost their avatar, and humanity has lost a giant for the ages. As a leader, bestriding history, Fidel proved, in unending ways, his love for the Cuban people, and all people, especially those suffering from injustice or neglect. His leadership of Cuba was one replete with the sacrifices made by your nation: whether in pursuit of its own sovereignty or the liberation of Southern Africa, or in the saving of hundreds of thousands of lives around the world by copious humanitarian aid, or in the everyday work of the Cuban Medical Brigade, or in the education outreach to so many from literacy to the post-graduate level. Because of the fraternity and self-sacrifice deployed by Fidel and Cuba, the people of 'Nuestra America' and the globe owe an unpayable debt to the Commander-in-Chief. On behalf of the Government and People of Belize, I therefore extend our most profound condolences.

Misc Belizean Sourcesmzz

4.6 earthquake offshore offshore Toledo

SBDC Workshop: BASIC OF BUSINESS LAW - START UP ESSENTIALS
Presented by: Mr. Jorge Gentle, Business Advisor SBDCBelize, Beltraide. Location: Belize Training & Employment Center (BTEC)Training Room, ITVET Compound, Freetown Rd. Workshop Date: December 1st, 2016. Time: 9am to 12:00 noon. The overall objective of this training is to equip our clients with knowledge, skills and capabilities necessary to start a business. The Specific objectives of the training are to enable participants to: Better understand the skills of an entrepreneur, importance of the business plan, and acquire all legal information on how adequately formalize your business in Belize.

Embassy of Cuba to Belize Press Release
The Embassy of Cuba informs that on the occasion of the decease of the Leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro Ruz, the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba has decided to declare nine days of National Duel, starting at 06:00 Hours from November 26 until 12:00 noon on December 4, 2016. The Embassy also makes known that a Book of Condolences will be opened at the Embassy located at 6058 Manatee Drive, Buttonwoods Bay, Belize City, available to the public from November 28 to December 4, 2016, between 09:00 and 18:00 hours, local time.

Charred Chateau Caribbean: the morning after
Pics courtesy of Gordon Kirkwood.

Here is a bit of Chateau Caribbean history via Museum of Belize
The Chateau Caribbean, a beautiful historic building suffered devastating loss this Sunday as a fire engulfed the building. This beautiful building was built in the early 1900's. It was 100% built by Canadian Ceder. It was built and assembled in Canada, then dismantled, shipped to Belize, and reassembled in the spot where it was until yesterday. It was owned by the Biddle family and was the most expensive home built of its time. It survived the Hurricanes of 1931 and 1961. It later became known as the Holden Memorial Hospital under the care of Dr McCleary. This building was truly a magnificent home and a tremendous loss to our historical heritage.

NEW BELIZE CRUISE PORT DECLARED WORLD HERITAGE SITE!
Belize's newest eco-park, Squander Caye, was declared a site of outstanding international importance for mega cruise lines and therefore as deserving special protection for cheapskate cruise travelers at the park's unveiling ceremony yesterday. The ceremony was full of pompous circumstance. Pompous people who cared diddly about the ecologically damaging circumstances that brought the eco-park to its inglorious existence were present to celebrate their magnificent achievement. Minister of Touristic Affairs and Seismic Testing, Manwell Ereba, announced that Squander Caye Eco-Park was constructed in line with the National Unsustainable Tourism Strategy, better known as NUTS. "The arrival of mega cruise lines to this part of our country is in line with the NUTS guidelines that speak to the state-of-the-art squandering of our precious natural and cultural resources," Ereba stated. "The cruise line has been kind enough and working hard to give us a kick right in the NUTS to create the type of unsustainable ecotourism that is needed and is welcomed by everybody except the majority of Belizeans."

FCD's AGM took place over the weekend
Mr. Abil Castaneda, Chief Tourism Officer was our guest speaker. We are thankful for his advice and recommendations as we move forward in exploring the tourism potential in the area.

The Virtuous Family Network is 'Unmasking the Many Faces of Gender Based Violence' in the Cayo District
On Saturday, Ms. Nina Rochester ‎and Ms. Cynthia Ellis Topsey officially launched the network which will support GBV victims by linking them to legal, health, psychological, law enforcement and other resources. The network hosted discussions with Cynthia Williams from the Women's Department and Sargeant Choc of the police department. Deputy Chief of Mission Adrienne Galanek joined in the discussions. We are inspired by such great community work to unmask the violence. ‎

Water problems in Arenal Village
Today we had less than 10 hours of water - it's getting worse now. No shower this morning (as at 8am - when I had to leave) there was no water. After some hard work in the garden just wanted to take my shower now - it was not possible. I would ask all people from Arenal to support me now to make some changes. Unfortunately the water board turns this matter into a political thing, which it is not. It is just an Arenal-matter and just for us - the people from Arenal. It would be soooooo very easy to find a solution but it looks as if politics do what they always do: Make people fight because while they fight they will not look to much what politicians do! That's very convenient for them and all people who are part of this, don't understand that they are taken as an instrument to ignore our people. Not pumping enough water is full ignorance against every single person who pays a monthly fee for getting water. The people who pump water get a monthly money for it. What is going to happen if you have a job and you'll do just half of it? Wouldn't you get fired? Yes!!!!

Revitalization of downtown and Boca del Rio Areas in San Pedro
The San Pedro Town Council is in the process of a revitalization of the downtown and Boca del Rio Area Project. In an effort to get the businesses and residents input, Mayor Daniel Guerrero and the San Pedro Town Council is inviting tourism stakeholders to a meeting with him and the consultant. The revitalization of downtown and Boca del Rio areas will impact all that area near the municipal airstrip (around Tropic Air), Barrier Reef Drive and portions of Pescador Drive, and the beach area from the BTB Office to the Boca del Rio Park. While the project is a concept at this point, some of the consideration that is being contemplated is pedestrianizing the Boca del Rio beach and Barrier Reef Drive, vehicular limitation on Barrier Reef Drive and the beach, closure of Barrier Reef and Boca del Rio beach, and creating a drive through area. Whatever module that will adopted in the future, businesses and residents, particularly those in the general area highlighted on the map, are highly encourage to be engaged and to attend the meeting.

Support the Belize Special Olympics!
SP Police Department BBQ Fundraiser, Thursday Dec. 1st, 11am-3pm at the SP Police Station

Best wishes to Miss Iris Salguero
Mayor Daniel Guerrero, the San Pedro Town Council and Staff would like to extend its best wishes to Miss Iris Salguero who is participating and representing Belize in the Miss World pageant 2016. We are more than sure she will do an excellent job in representing Belize as she did a great job as being Miss San Pedro 2015-2016. Iris left Belize earlier this week en route to Houston, Texas and arrive in Washington, DC. The pageant final of which is scheduled to take place on December 18, 2016 at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland just south of Washington, District of Columbia. The pageant will air live in Belize on E! Entertainment. Follow her on the official Miss World facebook page.

Letter: In remembrance of Fidel Castro, whose significance shall endure
By Paco Smith. Dear Sir: Indeed, the world has lost a "true revolutionary", with the passing of a man who truly needs no introduction, H. E. Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz. Irrespective of what the mainstream media has spewed about this icon for decades, there is absolutely no question in my mind that President Castro belongs in the pantheon of great socio-economic and political figures of all time. Many may not agree with his "politics", but undoubtedly he is an icon of resistance in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds. No-one can take away the fact that due to his: insight, ingenuity, conviction to his cause, love of country and overall charisma, that former President Castro was and shall forever remain a true trailblazer. I can recall while studying at UWI, one of our required texts for the course -- Contemporary Governance Issues in International Relations -- was "Carribean Charisma: Reflections on Leadership, Legitimacy and Populist Politics". It was an entirely insightful book that featured the likes of Maurice Bishop, Michael Manley, Eric Gairy, Eric Williams, Cheddi Jagan, Forbes Burnham and none other than Fidel Castro.

Support Friends of Ocean Academy by shopping at AmazonSmile
Ocean Academy is Caye Caulker's only high school, with 81 students enrolled. Please click the Amazon Smile button below before making any online purchases, and Amazon will donate .5% to our 501c3 charity Friends of Ocean Academy. Your purchase price is the same as on the regular Amazon.com page, and you will be supporting educational programs for Caye Caulker students. Thank you!

Sisimito Sessions
Belize's own electronic music label Sisimito Records brings you techno and techno-house music on the beach in Placencia! clock January 28, 2017 - January 29, 2017. The 3rd Annual Sisimito Sessions held in Placencia. A weekend of quality underground electronic music in the secluded country of Belize. Limited release weekend passes for BZ$50/US$25 available from http://www.wantickets.com/sisimito17, Barefoot Beach Bar, Placencia & Luna Loca, San Pedro, call +501 636 5015 or email [email protected]

Cayo Art Festival 2016
Saturday, December 3 at 9 AM - 4 PM, Cayo Welcome Center.

CUBA'S PRESIDENT FIDEL CASTRO: FAREWELL TO A FRIEND OF BELIZE!
Official Statement from the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba On the occasion of the demise of the Commander in Chief of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro Ruz, the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba declares nine days of National Mourning, as from the 06:00 hrs. of November 26 th, until the 12:00 hrs. of December 4th, 2016. For as long as the National Mourning is in place, public activities and shows shall not be held, the national flag shall be flown at half-staff in public buildings and military facilities. The radio and television shall broadcast informative, patriotic and historic programs.

Elmer Figueroa marries Nissi Arzu
Congratulations to our friend and colleague, Elmer Figueroa, on his marriage to Nissi Arzu! The wedding was televised on From Yes to I Do...Channel 5 will follow You! Much love and happiness to the newlyweds

Installing mooring buoy anchors at Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley!!

Channel 7

Belize City Landmark Destroyed
The iconic Chateau Caribbean is no more! A Sunday morning blaze destroyed the 3-story building on Fort Street in Belize City. The fire started upstairs and quickly spread throughout the entire structure. The fire department says they did their best to put out the fire but it wasn't enough against the powerful flames which burst out of windows on all sides of the massive building. So what was once a lovely seafront view is now just a stack of blackened remains. It is a major blow to the owner and also the community. I found out more today. Juan Nunez, Driver & Security Guard: "I was at home sleeping when one of the co-workers came to call me and told me it was burning and I just came to assist, I just came over but I can't do nothing else you know."

Alma Choc's Home And Business Also Burned On Sunday
Another of the 3 fires which happened over the weekend completely destroyed the home and business place of Belize City resident Alma Choc. She is a small business owner who runs a shop and a catering business out of her home on West Collet Canal. But everything was lost when her 2-storey house went up in flames early on Sunday morning. Fire Chief Ted Smith told us that her Fire happened after 1:00 am on Sunday and when the Chateau fire came on around 8:00, they had to be juggling between both of them:.. Ted Smith, Fire Chief: "The department also received and responded to a fire at 47 West Collet Canal, because we don't want to confuse West Canal and Collet Canal - two different canal. On arrival a 2 story structure with wooden upper and concrete lower, heavy smoke was seen coming out the structure. The fire was primarily internal and had not necessarily escaped outside yet. But the fire was already developed inside. The team was able to make entry into that structure and contain and extinguish the fire."

Ladyville Family of Five Homeless After Fire
We turn now to the third fire this weekend in the Belize District. This one has left a single mother and her 4 children homeless. It happened at around 7:30 on Friday night in the Japan area of Ladyville. That's when Delvorine Reyes's home caught fire, and was quickly destroyed - leaving the mother and her four children homeless. Now, the Ladyville Fire Station is just down the road, but their proximity didn't make a difference for this family. They weren't at home when the fire started and returned to find everything gone. Their neighbor Marie Gongora was the first to see the fire: Marie Gongora, Next Door Neighbour: "I was sitting down by the window and then my daughter and I was in the shop and I told her that I smell varnish burning and I look around in and out of my house and I stayed there sitting and a little while after I saw my neighbor two children went to my sister and I look out through the window I saw smoke coming out and I ran out and said Carol, Delvorine house is burning and I shouted Brian and Melissa, you mom's house is burning, come."

Wax House Shooting Has Gang Turf Subtext
There was a non fatal shooting in Belize City on Saturday night. At 10:50 24 year old Kasheif Gallego was walking on East Canal near an area known as Wax House when he was shot to the thigh and buttocks. Gallego was not seriously injured. Police suspect it could be gang related because the area is considered turf of a dominant gang.

Free After 63 Months In Jail, Prosecution Case Crumbles When Witness Forgets
After spending 5 years and 3 months in jail, accused murderers Gilbert Craig and Theodore Andrews are at home after they were freed of murder charges. They are accused of killing Troy Bowen who was shot once in the head on August 24, 2011, when he was walking on Marigold Lane near his home. He died a week later at the hospital, and shortly after that, both men were charged with murder after their charges were upgraded when Bowen died. After more than 5 years on remand, the trial without jury started against both men today, and Crown Counsel Kileru Awich was prosecuting them. He called 3 witnesses to the stand, including the main witness who said he could not identify the shooters. With that, he told the court that he would be discontinuing the prosecution against both men.

Teachers Got Paid
So did the teachers get paid on Friday. A lot of strike teachers say they did. And for those who didn't, today, the Chief Education Officer, Dr. Carol Babb told us that whatever the delay, it is not the Education Ministry's fault. She checked with the Ministry's financial officers who confirmed that on Friday morning, all the money due for the November paychecks was sent to the bank accounts for all the managing authorities, and school managements for the different schools countrywide. She told us that there was only 1 school which did not get their money sent to them, due to some clarifications which the Ministry had to make with the school's managers. She says that the delay is out of the Ministry's hands, and if teachers didn't get their money, it is most likely due to the different banks and their internal processes.

A Giant Passes, Deputy PM and FM To Fidel Funeral
The world shook on Friday night when news broke that Fidel Castro, Cuba's former president and commander in Chief had died at the age of 90. He is one of the most - if not the most - historic figure ever to come out of the America's - and his legacy, his contribution, and his principled stand against American imperialism have left an imprint across an entire era. In a letter to President Raul Castro, Prime Minister Dena Barrow says, quote, "This note is penned with a heavy heart. You have lost your brother, the Cuban People have lost their avatar, and humanity has lost a giant for the ages�.His leadership of Cuba was one replete with the sacrifices made by your nation: whether in pursuit of its own sovereignty or the liberation of Southern Africa, or in the saving of hundreds of thousands of lives around the world by copious humanitarian aid, or in the everyday work of the Cuban Medical Brigade, or in the education outreach to so many from literacy to the post-graduate level. the people of 'Nuestra America' and the globe owe an unpayable debt to the Commander-in-Chief."

Musa: Cuba Was Ready To Send Troops To Defend Belize In Event of Guat Invasion
The state funeral is set for Sunday, December fourth - and Deputy Prime Minister Faber and Foreign Minister Elringotn are expected to be joined by scores of world leaders. Indeed, as the ambassador mentioned, Belize owes a great debt to Cuba - because of the role Castro played in pushing for Belize's inpdendence. Today, in his Belize City office, former Prime Minister Said Musa, told u show cuba was actively, and secretly involved in pushing for Belize's independence. Rt. Hon. Said Musa, Former Prime Minister: "Cuba was a leader in the Non Aligned Movement and the Non Aligned Movement was crucial in getting support for Belize at the United Nations, because they were 77, originally right, and eventually became over 100 of non-aligned countries, the Group Of 77. And when we were fighting for that independence we did it, of course, diplomatically. Cuba, of course, fought for their independence with blood, they shed their blood for it. And that's why we look to Cuba as the greatest example of a freedom-struggling people. They fought for their freedom. And Fidel, Commandante Fidel he championed that issue as number one I think in his mind: People must be free. A People must be sovereign. And that is why with all the help that Cuba gave to Belize, they never asked for anything in return, because they respected the sovereignty and independence of Belize."

With Love From Havana, Shoman Speaks Of Solidarity
Humanism is also the theme that former Foreign Minister Assad Shoman mentioned. He presently lives in Cuba and, like Musa, has been an admirer of Castro since the 70's. Speaking with us today from Havana, he told us that Humanism and Solidarity define Castro's legacy:... Assad Shoman, former Foreign Minister: "Fidel was and is the best friend that humanity ever had, or is ever likely to have. And to expand on that a bit, I mean he was an example of what solidarity means, to feel responsible for people anywhere on the planet who are suffering from hunger, ignorance, disease or oppression. And to feel a duty to do what you can to help them." "And the amazing thing in my mind, Jules, (you say to put it it in context, noh?) is that all this has been done while Cuba has suffered form an illegal and genocidal blockade from the mightiest country ever." "And remember that one of the first acts of the revolution was to make Cuba the first country in the Americas free from illiteracy. And then, of course, as you know the education revolution, which has brought free education as well as free health to all Cubans at all levels."

Smith Says Fidel Was Global GOAT
And so where does Castro fit in the broader historical picture? Was he a man just for his time, or for the ages? We asked Godfrey Smith - who has written Biographies on George Price and Michael Manley where Castro ranks amongst the Great Men:... Godfrey Smith, SC, Former Foreign Minister: "It is my view, my argument, that he ranks easily among the greatest world leaders - and listen to this - of all time. You hear da statement? I'm not saying he's of relevance to the region, or the Americas or the Caribbean�I'm saying I rate him among the greatest leaders of all time. So when you throw out the list of leaders, I'm sure few people would dispute, when you ask popped you'll hear names like the Mahatma Gandhi, you'll hear Nelson Mandela, you'll hear Churchill, you'll hear Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, going back in time you'll hear Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, Mao Zedong, Napoleon, Hitler�my argument is that he can easily be ranked and rated among these men. And I'd like to offer three heads for examination: I'll lock at the personal aspect, what; they've done for humanity and the military aspect, as an argument. So let's take the top two who nobody would argue about: Gandhi, Mandela. Saints. I'm not saying Fidel is a saint. All three had a vision for the liberation of their people."

Sales Tax Crackdown Continues
Today two Belizean business owners appeared in the Magistrate's Court for GST related charges. Ariel Santana, the manager of La Popular Bakery in Belize City pled guilty to failure to publicly display a General Sales Tax certificate in the bakery. Santana was ordered to pay $3000 by June 30, 2017. He Yong Fa, a Sandhill businessman, pled guilty to failure to issue a tax receipt. He was charged $5000 and was given until April 30, 2017 to pay. Both men will serve 2 years in prison if they default on their payment.

"ET" Did It Again
Last year Belize City resident Basil Willis, also know as "ET" was charged for raping a 23 year old man. Willis waked away from those charges this September, when the DPP ordered mental evaluation failed to be produced at court. Now Willis is back in court, but this time it's for burglary. According to reports, Willis broke into the Grace Primary School compound on either Wednesday or Thursday of last week. He allegedly stole several food items and kitchen equipment. Police picked him up not long after, and he was found in possession of some of the stolen items. Willis appeared in the Magistrate's Court today, where he pled not guilty to burglary and handling stolen goods. After objections from the prosecution based on the fact that Willis is a repeat offender and that he was caught with the stolen items, Senior Magistrate Fraser denied bail, and Willis was remanded into custody until December 22.

When A Calendar Is An Annual Event
The Belikin Calendar can easily be written off as just a flesh-fest for lecherous eyes. But, through a mix of slick packaging and clever marketing, the Calendar launch has become an event. So even though most people nowadays find their Calendars on their cell phones, Belikin keeps making the Calendar their top marketing product. Alex Courtney went to the Radisson on Saturday to find out why:... Alex Courtenay reporting: The Belikin calendar is back, and as usual scores of eager fans lined the room, waiting to get their own calendars signed. This year, instead of the typical bikini clad girls on the beach, the models posed in the bars of Belize.

88 Robbery
And police haven't reported it, but 7News has learnt that there was a robbery on Saturday night. It happened in the downtown area on North Front Street at 88 Sports Bar. Like we said, police have not released details but we are told that a robber got off with a at least thousand dollars in cash - from a businessman who had it in a bag and was bending down to attend to something. The robber snatched the bag and dashed down North Front Street, into an ally, and then bounded over a fence, landing straight in the Eastern Division compound. But police never saw him, and he jumped back over the fence and disappeared into the night. Police have one person from nearby Pink's Alley detained.

Field of Dreams Long Time Coming In Cayo
The Santa Elena Sports Complex was opened on Sunday afternoon in Cayo. It's the third facility in the twin towns to be renovated after Falcon Field and the Victor Galvez stadium. But this one was the most challenging - it spans 14 acres, and planner Christy Mastry from Belize Infrastructure Limited explains how they did it in the hometown of the Chairman of BIL, Rene Montero:...

Without Cuba, No Dance Company
Dance X, 2016 started on Friday. We'll show you some footage form Friday night's performance shortly but first we have a Cuba tie in. According to former Minister of Education and Culture Said Musa, if it weren't for Comrade Fidel's generosity, we wouldn't have a dance company:..

Dance X Features Indonesia
And so we leave you with highlites for Friday's show tonight. It featured a troupe from Indonesia along Belize National Dance Company, BES Dancers, Ballet Arts and Dwayne Murillo. Enjoy, and join me back here tomorrow�