Belizean artist Rachel Heusner who lives in Tobago is hosting a two week exhibition inside Sarina's Café on the ground floor at the Bliss. Heusner has been painting for over twenty-five years and has a collection of art pieces that dates way back to the mid 1980's.� This year, she is back home with a summer exhibit that is inspired by life in the Caribbean. The pieces are on display until the end of the month, but are also for sale.� Heusner tells us more about her paintings.

Rachel Heusner, Artist

"I call it my summer exhibition and I would say it has a little over fourteen paintings; not too many but just enough for this space."

Andrea Polanco

"What can you tell us about these paintings; are they different styles; what themes do they cover?"

Rachel Heusner

"I think they have a nice sense of freshness that represent summer, Caribbean, fruits and stuff like that. And it is different in the sense that I used to do a lot more water colors and this show has mainly acrylics and I think they are just a little bit different."

Andrea Polanco

"Are these pieces you did a long time ago or are these newer pieces?"

Rachel Heusner

"They are pretty over the past six months work."

Andrea Polanco

"What are these pieces inspired by? Life in Belize? Life in Tobago?"

Rachel Heusner

"Most of them here, I think mostly Belize. But I like to paint things that are predominantly Caribbean and there are a lot of things that you would find throughout the Caribbean you would find it here in Belize."

Andrea Polanco

"So, we see a lot of sceneries with coconut trees, the beach?"

Rachel Heusner

"Yes, flowers and fruits."

If you want to paint with and meet the artist, Heusner is hosting a "Paint and Chill" session on Friday at six p.m.� You can contact Sarina Huesner at 601-7995 for more details.

Channel 5