The best tobacco in Belize is waiting for you at Havana Cigars

Right in the heart of San Pedro Town, on Barrier Reef Drive to be exact, is a specialty smoking lounge, with a full bar and coffee, like no other in the country. Havana Cigar is a haven for cigar lovers like me, who are always looking for a unique experience.

One you open the glass door, the familiar scent of tobacco greets you, and you know you’re in for a treat. Proprietor Carlos Utrera is originally from Cuba, but made the island his home nine years ago. His tobacco shop has a wide variety of cigars, and Utrera was more than happy to show me his walk-in humidor stocked with a wide range of handmade cigars from Central America and the Caribbean. Cohiba, Montecristo, Rome y Julieta, Tatuaje Cigars, Arturo Fuente, and Padron Cigars, have been joined by Bellaterra from Nicaragua, a new cigar in the market. There are even flavoured cigars infused with distinctive aromas.

Complete with a flat screen TV to catch up on sports or shows, and a smoke-free ambience thanks to a smoke eater unit, there is nothing better. Some patrons socializing for the night were thrilled to have such a fabulous experience, and I agreed heartily.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the My Beautiful Belize Blog