FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, West Vision (Cayo) and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and other specials

The San Pedro Sun

CCCCC & CBU Sign Cooperation Agreement
The Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC- 5 Cs) and the Caribbean Broadcasting Union (CBU) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that aims to improve the sharing of information about and coverage of climate change issues across regional media markets, beginning with the CBU 49th Annual General Assembly scheduled for Kingston, Jamaica from August 13-15, 2018. The MOU was signed in Barbados by 5Cs Chairman Dr. Leonard Nurse, on behalf of Executive Director Dr. Kenrick Leslie and CBU's Secretary General Ms. Sonia Gill. The MOU aims to strengthen the Centre's partnership with regional media and create synergies at senior levels, as it carries out its mandate to provide effective solutions and projects to combat climate change in the region. This partnership is even more critical, after the 2017 Hurricane Season, as it provides

Wolfe's Woofer: Weird Jobs
"I worked in a place even weirder than that when I was in the U.S." Marlon said. "I was a bartender in Miami at a place called The Working Man's Bar." "Tell us about it," I said. "First off, me and the bartender was the only two people there from two o'clock when the bar opened until about five o'clock. Finally, I asked the bartender what was going on." "The bartender said, 'It's slow now but in thirty minutes that noisy factory across the street is going to shut down. This place is going to fill up with thirsty people. Oh, by the way, the factory only hires deaf people and they speak sign language.'"

Caribbean Fisheries Forum calls region to action
At its recent annual meeting in Montserrat, the Caribbean Fisheries Forum framed a set of recommendations that will be submitted to regional policy-makers at the 12th Meeting of the Ministerial Council of the Caribbean Regional Fisheries Mechanism (CRFM), slated for 18 May 2018 in Montserrat. The Forum's recommendations include measures for boosting production in the fisheries and aquaculture sector, risk insurance for fisheries, ongoing challenges to fisheries subsidies, gender mainstreaming, and the development of critical fishery management plans.

Doctor Love: Party of None
Dear Doctor Love, I invited my friend and her husband for dinner and drinks to say thank you for bringing me some items from the States. A few days before, she called to say that their neighbors were arriving and asked if they could invite them as well. I agreed even though I am not well acquainted with the neighbors. I ran into the wife of the second couple the day before the dinner party and she informed me that they had another couple and their teen daughter visiting and I should know there would be five of them. I apologized and told her that I was prepared for six people and simply did not have room for a party of nine. She then spoke with my friend who called me that evening to tell me they would not be coming either.

Misc Belizean Sources

mzz

Sewing classes in Belize City
An invitation is extended by ACP Robert Mariano, Officer Commanding Eastern Police Division, to all those in the old capital, Belize City who are interested in either enhancing their sewing capacity or willing to learn a trade in basic sewing. This course will be offered by ACP Mariano himself. To learn more about this interesting initiative, kindly visit the Yabra Community Youth Friendly space. Insp. Carcamo along with his able and willing staff from that office will be more than happy to accommodate you and get you registered.

2018 Eco Challenge Kayak Race
2018 Eco Challenge Kayak Race. Preparations are underway to hold the kayak race once again here in San Pedro. Are you ready and do you have what it takes to compete in this grueling race? 26, 27 of May.

Lobster Fest Central Park Block Party - San Pedro
Eat, Drink & Love Lobster! Saturday, June 23.

BEL Info Fairs
BEL Info Fairs are coming to Caye Caulker, San Pedro and Placencia. Residents are invited to come out and learn about BEL's plans for your community. Visit our interactive safety, environment and technology booths. Update your account info and get a chance to win a Samsung Galaxy Tab. See you there!

National Agriculture & Trade Show Grounds
More fun at the National Agric Fair!

WHY AN AGRICULTURAL SHOW ? and WHERE DID IT ALL STARTED ?
Hurricane Hattie in 1961, caused a lot of things. good and bad. Good because the CONSTRUCTIVE BELIZEAN REVOLUTION began in full swing. A New Capital City for Belize, Belmopan, was propelled, A Net work of roads to all parts of Belize were built.

The Reporter

Teen samaritan is fatally stabbed
A 15-year-old male who parted a fight while playing basketball was fatally stabbed on Saturday, April 28th, 2018. It is reported that one of the teens who was involved in the altercation left the court, got a knife, then stabbed the good samaritan. The teen was taken to the hospital [�]

Man tries to push woman from moving vehicle
A domestic dispute almost turned into a major road traffic accident today, as a man tried to push a woman from a moving vehicle. The incident just outside of Belmopan after 6 p.m. A motorist said he called the police after seeing the door open and the [�]

Man shot in front of his child
A Corozal man had to receive treatment at the Corozal Community Hospital after a shooting, which unfolded right in front of his four-year-old son. Police say around 8:45 p.m. on Saturday, 30-year-old Mark Myvett was is mother's yard along with his son, when someone jumped out of [�]

Belizean boxer calls for title shot after latest victory
Belizean born boxer Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller, is calling out heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, after Miller's latest victory in the ring. Last night, Miller faced off against French boxer Johann Duhaupas. And came out on top with a unanimous decision at the end of the fight, which [�]

Blogs

Saturday Morning Beach Walk In San Pedro Town
My life has changed in so many ways since I permanently moved to Ambergris Caye 10 years and 360 days ago. But one change that I sometimes regret is getting a golf cart. I mean, it's not exactly my golf cart, it's my boyfriend's. And we really do need it. We live 7 miles north of town and drive in for errands and shopping for us and for our camp (Cayo Frances Farm & Fly) pretty much every day. But with the constant use of a golf cart, I do far less walking. And I do very little walking on the beach. WHAT?!????? Wait�what? I hear you asking. I hear you JUDGING. You live in Belize and you hardly walk on the beach? Yesterday - I parked the golf cart a bit north of town and I walked to the water taxi. And while it was hot and muggy, the beach at the center of town was looking beautiful. And in just about 10 minutes, I snapped TONS of pictures. Here are a few. Note to self: walk on the beach more often. From north to south. I was loving all the tall lanky coconut palms on the walk so it explains all the vertical photos.

International Sourcesizz

5 Budget Destinations Where You Can Learn to Scuba Dive
If you love swimming in the sea and observing ocean wildlife, scuba diving is for you. Once you learn to scuba dive, you can explore the depths of the ocean and see much more than you would during your average snorkeling session. In many U.S. cities, you can get certified by local instructors. That would certainly save you on travel costs, but it can be much more fun to learn to dive in a beautiful, warm destination. Why not combine your certification course with a vacation? It doesn't have to be expensive. In many locations, the PADI Open Water certification course is the same price or even cheaper than the same course in the U.S., and you can take it while staying in affordable accommodations. Belize is a Central American country known for its amazing junglelike scenery and unique diving opportunities. Here, you can dive a section of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef system known as the Belize Barrier Reef. The highlight for many people is the renowned Blue Hole - a giant sinkhole that has become one of the world's most famous dive sites.

Videos

• Teaching in San Pedro, Belize, 4.5min. This video is about my student teaching experience in San Pedro, Belize.

• Verdes FC vs BDF FC, 2.5hr.

• 2018 Belizean Style. Interview with ABC News Co-Anchor Kendis Gibson, 2.5min. It was a beautiful event.. Merr Waight you did a very good job and it seems like you was having alot fun the whole time.. Hey, we gonna double up for the Sept. events..

• ATV Off Roading Experience In Belize, 8.5min. Belize Mek We Go went off roading around Nohoch Che'en. They have a lot of dirty fun. "Watch for what has been one of our most dirtiest segment..so far!"

• Belize Bonefishing, 1min.

• Modelographers in Belize NSFW, 9min.

• Belize 2018, 4min. 2018 Mission Trip to Belize City, Belize with Hand in Hand Ministries.

• Belize - Part 1, 10min. This is Part 1 of our four part series from our trip to Belize, enjoy!

• Backpacking Belize - Ambergris Caye - San Pedro - Secret Beach, 7min. Sabrina and I have been in Belize for 2 days. We are currently on the island of Ambergris Caye in the village of San Pedro. In this video we rent a golf cart and checkout a cool beach the locals call Secret Beach.

• Beautiful sunset in Belize!, 3min.

• Hamanasii Resort Belize Scuba Diving, 9min. Spring Break in Belize.

• Seaweed Farming in Belize, 2.5min. I had the opportunity to volunteer doing seaweed farming with the Co-Op. what exactly is seaweed farming you ask..? watch and find out!

• Skydiving Belize 2018, min.

• Mexico Belize Border Crossing With A Dog, 11min. We're traveling from Mexico to Belize and doing the international border crossing with a dog as part of our long term overland trip traveling the pan American highway. Watch for a little test of Belize traveling as we drive into Belize.

• Lamanai Belize., 3min.

• Belize Boogie and Blue hole jumps, Skydiving, 2018, 5min.

• Belize April 2018, 5min. The Cap'm, Shower Boy, Smash-Toe's and Rabid Boy go sailing in Belize.

• Belize, 13min. Traveling and exploring Belize as packpacers.

• Mayan Ruins of Belize and Guatemala : Tikal & Xunantunich, 8min.

• Drumming in Belize with Maya, 2.5min. This video was filmed in San Pedro Belize, on Ambergris Caye. At the Spindrift Hotel,

• Bull riding! National Agriculture & Trade Show, 1.5min.

• Rodeo! National Agriculture & Trade Show, 1min.