Mom Mourns Only Son Habib Hajjara, Lost to Gun Violence

Thirty-six-year-old Habib Hajjara was ruthlessly done away with inside his taxicab on Sunday morning when someone shot him at point-blank multiple times while driving his vehicle along Mahogany Street.� The execution-style murder took place sometime around four a.m. when the Honduran national had just finished dropping off a female passenger he reportedly picked up from a nightclub moments earlier.� It is unclear whether Hajjara was targeted for robbery or if a hit had been placed on the well-known taxi man.� Habib was the only son to his mother, who told News Five today that she had warned him on several occasions to avoid running his cab in the wee hours of the night.

Maria Margarita Mejia, Mother of Deceased

"Sunday somebody called me and tell me how my son is, somebody killed him.� Ih seh, he is dead.� I tell ahn what?� My son, I noh believe that.� He said yes, come to the police station.� Then I gone fast, fast, looking for my clothes, took a little bath and then I went.� When I got there I met the girlfriend, they were living together, and da she mi di give interview with the police.� Then I sat there and waited for them to tell me what happened, like a half an hour later, and then one police told me that something happened�� And then I did not believe what happened.� This is my only son, my one son.� I don't have anymore.� I feel like I've died because this hurts me.� My son, he did not do anything bad to people.� He's always very nice with people, he never did anything bad.� He only went to work at nighttime and I did not know because I already told him, please don't work at nighttime baby, please don't work at nighttime.� He told me, "No mommy, I never work at nighttime."

Belize City police are yet to make an arrest in the latest homicide.

Channel 5