FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and other specials

The San Pedro Sun

Wolfe's Woofer: Marriage Advice
Mario and I were sitting on the deck at the Holiday Hotel drinking our coffee and looking forward to a day of doing nothing. "Hey, Mario! Hey, Mr. Dennis. You mind if I join you?" It was Moses, who works up the coast as a caretaker. "Pull up a chair Moses," Mario said. "Hey, I hear you getting married. Is that true?" Moses said, "I been going with Tysha for three years and now she wants to get married so I guess we gonna get married. That's what she's telling everybody."

What's New: Kidtopia San Pedro
Island children can officially say they have their own club! Kidtopia San Pedro is located on the second floor of Sancas Realty Plaza (Unit #13) on Coconut Drive, downtown San Pedro. It is the island's first-ever kids club/drop-off center that consists of a playground area, arts and crafts station, kitchen, mini library, and video game station, alongside a whole bunch of other fun-filled activities that will keep your children happy and entertained. Founder and owner Christina Potvin welcome clients warmly, the space designed to make children feel like they are on a set for "Alice in Wonderland." The first view inside Kidtopia is the large kitchen area, where aspiring junior chefs can unleash their skills with play-doh ingredients, and sometimes even real ones. Adjacent to the kitchen is the arts and crafts area, where children get to explore their creativity with a plethora of crafty materials.

Doctor Love: First Crush and Moms
Dear Doctor Love, I am fifteen years old and I have a crush on my teacher. Even though I know he is off limits I can't quit thinking about him and I am afraid I will let it show. Is this normal? /s/First Crush Dear First Crush, It is very common for a young lady to fixate on an older person in authority but it's best to only allow this for a short time. If you attempt anything more than innocent thoughts it would become a big problem for him and embarrassing for you. So it is best you put him out of your mind and begin to think of a more suitable boyfriend type.

Misc Belizean Sources

mzz

Launch of the 20th Edition of "DESTINATION BELIZE"
Save the Date - October 20th, 2018 is the launch of the 20th Edition of "DESTINATION BELIZE", Belize's signature magazine.

Boo at the Zoo V
The 5th annual Boo at the Zoo will be on Saturday November 3rd, from 1:30pm to 5:30pm. Are you ready to celebrate 'Howlereen?' The Belize Zoo's Halloween celebration promises unique fun for all ages. "We have begun preparing for another spooky, special event at TBZ. Our 5th annual Boo at the Zoo will be held on Saturday November 3rd. Mark your calendars, and stay tuned for updates!" more...

The Reporter

FECTAB Squares Off Against BTB
Consultations will have to be extended in order to determine if the tour operator business that is conducted at Terminal 1 at the Fort Street Tourism Village will be relocated to the Marion Jones Stadium. The extension on consultations come on the heels of firm rejection from the Federation of Cruise Tourism Associations (FECTAB) to the Belize Tourism Board's (BTB) proposal. BTB had made the proposal for the relocation on grounds traffic congestion issues at the tourist village on days when cruise ships visit.

STRANGE MURDER AT CAHAL PECH, - ANCIENT MAYA SITE
Police are currently processing the scene of a murder at the Cahal Pech Maya site. The body of a Hispanic male has been found with his throat cut in one of the main temples of the site. He had on sweatpants and no shirt. We'll have more details as we get them.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Tropical Storm Michael Forms, Could Threaten Gulf Coast as a Hurricane This Week
The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is monitoring Tropical Storm Michael which formed this morning in the Caribbean Sea. According to the NHC, Tropical Storm Michael is forecast to strengthen into a hurricane over the next couple of days.

Police detain driver involved in fatal traffic accident that claimed the lives of 2 sisters
Police have issued an official report on the fatal traffic accident that happened yesterday in San Jose Succotz Village, Cayo District. According to reports, yesterday about 4 am, Carlos Martinez, 53, a contractor of Belmopan was driving his grey and white Toyota Rav 4 on the George Price Highway and heading to San Jose Succotz Village. Martinez was in the company of Jarinet Cowo, 16, and Cindy Cowo 26, (two sisters from Succotz Village).

Youth found murdered at Cahal Pech Maya Ruins
The body of a Hispanic man was recovered from the Cahal Pech Mayan Temples in San Ignacio, Cayo earlier today. BBN has been able to confirm his identity as Bobby Garcia. Garcia was observed with a deep slit to his throat.

Teller charged for stealing from National Bank
Our newsroom has documented several allegations of irregularities at the National Bank of Belize (NBB). However, none of those allegations had more substance than an employee recently charged with theft from the institution. He has been identified as bank teller, Ivor Garcia, 19.

Belize's Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller wins another fight!
Belize's Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller knocked out Tomasz Adamek last night in the second round of their scheduled 12-rounder in Chicago, USA. Miller gave Adamek a right uppercut that left him in a squatting position at the start of the second round then gave him another right uppercut several seconds later.

Dangriga Primary School shuts down due to "messy" sewage system
Sacred Heart Primary School in Dangriga Town was shut down on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 due to a sewage problem. According to reports, the toilets in the school bathrooms were not flushing and overthrowing causing an unsanitary environment for students and staff.

Belize monitoring newly formed Tropical Depression
The National Hurricane Center and the National Meteorological Center of Belize are monitoring Tropical Depression (TD) 14. TD14 is located near latitude 18.6 North, longitude 86.9 West and is moving toward the north-northwest near 3 miles per hour.

Haiti records deaths in earthquake last night
Last night, Haiti was struck by a strong 5.9 magnitude earthquake. The United States Geological Survey reported that the epicenter of the quake was located 12 miles northwest of Port-de- Paix. Haitian authorities have recorded 11 deaths,135 injured, and significant damages to buildings.

International Sourcesizz

Regional water company clarifies recent news item from Belize
Consolidated Water Co. Ltd, a leading developer and operator of seawater desalination plants, has clarified recent news reports from Belize that stated that the House of Representatives of Belize approved a sovereign guaranty for a proposed loan from the Caribbean Development Bank of BZ$17 million (US$8.5 million) to enable Belize Water Services Ltd to acquire all of the shares of Consolidated Water (Belize) Limited and to expand its water treatment plant, retrofit the San Pedro water and sewerage system and make other improvements to the country's water distribution network. One of these reports further stated that the "acting prime minister Patrick Faber introduced a motion in the house which will trigger the acquisition of the company (meaning CW-Belize)". Commenting on these reports, Rick McTaggart, president and CEO of the company, clarified that "while the company had signed a non-binding memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Belize Water Services Ltd earlier this year with respect to the potential sale of the CW-Belize shares, the parties have not negotiated nor executed any binding transaction documents.

Videos

• The Chef Sean Kuylen on Caye Caulker, 1min. La Isla Cari�osa, the 'Go Slow' Island

• "DownTown" San Ignacio Belize, min. A casual look at downtown Cayo. Well done, Mr. Witz! "I don't what makes me so incline with street lights, or motion for that matter (perhaps I'll never know). But downtown San Ignacio will always have something special affix to it; something that cannot be comprehend. The sound of traffic, church bells, gusting winds, and sunset at the end of the street paints a remarkable scene.This time I tried to capture space and time, but next time I will capture space, time, and people. I hope someday you will experience the same perceiving feel."

• Belize, 40min. Juhu, wir bereise ein neues Land. BELIZE! (:

• Belize Paradise, 3min. A sum of our week in Belize!

• Belize dance, 1.5min. Performance of a traditional song and dance of Belize at the African American Research Library

• My Belize City, min. Drone footage. Belize City is a port city in the Central American country of Belize. It's divided into north and south sides by Haulover Creek, which opens into the Caribbean Sea. The manually operated 1920s Swing Bridge, a busy crossing point, links the two. On the north side, the Museum of Belize traces the country's history, with exhibits including Mayan artifacts. The Image Factory gallery shows local contemporary art.

• BDF FC vs Wagiya FC, 2hr.