Belizean Christmas Carols
Want to enjoy some Belizean Christmas Carols? Mervin Budram has a video out for his Reggae version of Mary Did You Know. Alex Deeds adds some great electric guitar work to the song. Another amazing performance from MD and his crew.This song is part of the album "Belizean Christmas" by MD & Alida Sharp. They also have a Volume 2, Peek here for a few of the cuts off YouTube, and links to their albums... Merry Christmas!

FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and other specials

The San Pedro Sun

Wolfe's Woofer: Jaguar
A-i-i, Don Dennis," he said, when I visited him. "I thought you forgot the old man." "Never, Don Julio," I said. "I want to hear about some of your jungle adventures." Old Julio is one of my favorite people in Belize. He's in his 90's now but his younger days were full of adventure. He worked as a surveyor, mapping out the jungles and his stories are some of the best I've ever heard. "Let me tell you about when we were surveying the Maya site they call Caracol, over near the Guatemalan border. This was back in the 70's and we had to fight off Guatemalan bandidos and wild animals to get the job done."

Doctor Love: Not Again
Dear Doctor Love, In the past my boyfriend has been unfaithful to me. I found out because they were sexting each other. He begged me to forgive him and agreed to be open with his friendships with other women, so his phone is not off limits to me. I agreed to give him another chance and we've worked hard to put our relationship back together. Recently he received a text from "Mario" and when I looked, it was obvious that "Mario" was a woman. This was a new contact. He saved her under a man's name. The chats started about three weeks ago and this one was an invitation to come watch a movie with her. His answer was that he can't tonight, he is busy.

Caye Caulker Police confiscate over 20 cases of contraband beer
A total of 21 1/2 cases of illegal canned beers were seized by the Caye Caulker Police Formation on Saturday, December 22nd, after conducting a cargo search at the Ocean Ferry Water Taxi terminal. According to the official police report, at 3:30PM officers conducted a search at Ocean Ferry and discovered and seized 14 1/2 cases of Modelo can beer and seven cases of Superior can beer. There are no reports of anyone being detained for the offense. All items were handed over to customs officials.

Misc Belizean Sources

mzz

ATLANTIC BANK (Caye Caulker Branch) HOURS FOR THIS WEEK
December 24 - 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. December 25 & 26 - CLOSED. December 27 - REOPEN WITH NORMAL HOURS. Any other questions regarding their hours, please visit the bank.

Drive Safely, Holiday Check Points in San Pedro
The San Pedro Traffic Department and San Pedro Town Council would like to ask everyone to drive safely this Holiday Season. � Do not drink and drive � Do not text and drive � No Speeding The SPTD also reminds everyone to have all documentation in order as our department will be conducting various check points. � Valid Driver's License � Up to date Insurance � ACTCC stickers We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. May you and your family have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season!

Thunderbolt Christmas Schedule 2018
24th Dec 7am Corozal to San Pedro. 3pm San Pedro to Corozal. 25th Dec no runs. 26th Dec return to regular schedule straight into the new year: 7am Corozal to San Pedro. 3pm San Pedro to Corozal. With regular stops in Sarteneja. Wishing everyone a very safe and happy holiday. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!

Corozal Annual Christmas Dance
Wood House Restaurant & Bar Invites - Live Band December 25th.

Mr. Michael Arnold passes away
The International Costa Maya Festival Committee mourns the sudden passing of Mr. Michael Arnold, the National Director of Miss Costa Maya Belize. We wish his family and friends comfort and strength during this difficult time.

Channel 5

Benson Buttler Found Alive
Benson Buttler who was reported missing was found alive and well this afternoon in Belize City.

21 Cases of Beers Seized
On Saturday 22nd December 2018 at 3:30 p.m., Caye Caulker Police conducted a cargo search at Ocean Ferry and as a result they discovered and seized fourteen 1/2 cases of Corona can beers and seven cases of Superior can beers. All items were handed over to customs officials.

Minor Detained for Drug Bust
A joint operation yesterday resulted in police discovering more than seventy pounds of marijuana. Police say that the operation was conducted near the Casa Maya Road of the Shawville area of San Ignacio Town. The operation led to the discovery of seventy-one point seven-five pounds of marijuana. A minor is in police detention pending investigation.

Man Attacked, Beaten and Stabbed at Wedding
Police are investigating the savage beating and stabbing of Paul Moro. Moro and his wife were at a wedding yesterday in Burrell Boom Village when he got into an altercation with another person. As the couple left the event, a group of men attacked and stabbed Moro. He was stabbed to the stomach. He is currently listed in a critical but stable condition at the KHMH.

Senior Cop Involved in Hit and Run (?)
Reports emerging this morning are that Sr. Supt. Howell Gillett, Commander of Eastern Division South, was allegedly involved in a hit and run incident. Sources say that the incident occurred in the wee hours of this morning in Camalote Village, Cayo. It is reported that a parked vehicle was hit by a black Hilux. The driver of the black Hilux did not stop and render aid. Police officers pursued the Hilux until it came to a stop at Gillett's house. The senior cop reportedly exited the vehicle and entered his home. Gillett has refuted the version of events, saying "Farthest thing from the truth. Haters abound which won't stop me from being positive." "One evil person behind this. My vehicle hit another and it's covered comprehensive which will take care of itself. I remain positive. Despite the negatives the work continues", Gillett said.

The Reporter

NO SIGN OF ANISHA YOUNG
The family of missing woman Anisha Young, 23, might have to regroup once again following today's search on a private property in Rural Belize which turned up nothing. The search party comprised of approximately 50 persons including family members and Police combed a property between Double Head Cabbage and Willow's Bank but did not come up with any major leads.

SOUTH OF THE SIBUN
By Major Lloyd Jones (Ret'd). The ICJ push by Belize's power structure is yet another affront to the peoples of the South. No matter how the proponents of the ICJ dice it, the fact remains that the current ICJ option exposes Belize's territory. Belize's southern territory to be exact!

MAN STABBED AT BOOM WEDDING
Paul Moro is currently hospitalized at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital in Belize City in a critical condition due to stab wounds which he sustained last night during a brawl in Burrell Boom Village.

VIDEO SHOWS MANGLED CAR AFTER EARLY MORNING RTA
The female driver of a burgundy Mazda car has been rushed to the KHMH after her vehicle flipped and crashed at Mile 8 on the George Price Highway a short while ago. Her identity and condition are unknown at this time.

VILLAGER CLAIM - Sr. POLICE ASP INVOLVED IN EARLY MORNING HIT & RUN
Police are currently at the home of Sr. Supt. Howell Gillett in Blackman Eddy. Reports are that Gillett was driving a black Hilux which hit a Wingle parked on the side of the road in Camalote at 2:30am this morning.

REGULAR FUEL DIPS AGAIN
On Friday, December 21st, the Belize Burea of Standards announced the second price adjustment in fuel for the month of December. Effective December 22nd, consumers at the pump will now be able to take advantage of a 45 cent decrease in the price of Regular fuel which dropped from $9.76 to $9.31.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Over 20 cases of contraband beers confiscated at Ocean Ferry
Yesterday, Caye Caulker Police conducted a search at Ocean Ferry. There, they found 14 1/2 cases of Modelo can beers and 7 cases of Superior can beers. [�]

Orange Walk man shot
A man from Orange Walk was shot this afternoon. According to reports, David Diaz was chilling out at a barbershop known to be a hangout area for 'Back a Town Crips' when a lone gunman drove by and shot him. [�]

Man stabbed at wedding party in Burrel Boom
Police are investigating a stabbing incident that occurred last night in Burrel Boom Village. According to reports, Paul Moro and his wife were socializing at a wedding party when he and another man got into an argument. [�]

Moist weather to continue
Moist weather is expected to continue today and tonight. Cloudy skies with some isolated showers, and periods of rain is forecast for today. [�]

Black Orchid Resort Manager invents all natural bug repellent
Beverly Dawson, general manager of the Black Orchid Resort, has invented a new, all-natural mosquito and general bug repellent called 'Bug Off'. The repellent is made locally from 100 percent all natural ingredient. It is an environmentally friendly bug spray and it is delicate enough for those with allergies or sensitive skin. The Facebook page for the bug spray is Belize All Natural Bug Repellent. [�]

"Sedi" blames media for twisting comments on possibility of Guatemala invading Belize
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Wilfred "Sedi" Elrington has blamed the media for twisting his words and presenting his comments out of context to former Guatemalan Foreign Minister, Carlos Raul Morales, on the possibility of Guatemala invading Belize in the event that Belizeans vote 'No' to taking the territorial claim to the International Court of Justice (ICJ). [�]

Senior officer reportedly involved in hit and run
According to reports, Commander of Eastern Division Region One, Sr. Supt. Howell Gillett was involved in a hit and run accident this morning. Gillett was reportedly driving his black Toyota Hilux and hit a Wingle pickup truck, which was parked on the side of the road in Camalote village, Cayo. [�]

Iverson Neal found alive and well
Police yesterday informed 23-year-old Iverson Neal was located by police alive. Neal was reported missing on Wednesday, December 19. He was taken to the Western Regional Hospital for a medical check up following his discovery. [�]

Westrac invests in solar energy at Spanish Lookout main branch
Westrac recently undertook a large-scale initiative to invest in renewable energy and install solar panels at its main branch in Spanish Lookout in an effort to leave a smaller footprint on the environment while supplying a steady renewable source of energy. According to Julian Thiessen, from Westrac's Marketing Department, "We are now looking to get over half our power from the sun." [�]

Minister Boots' brother makes explosive allegations on suspected drug plane landings
Police are investigating the landing of a suspected drug plane that touched down in Barranco, Toledo on Friday morning. Surprisingly, Edward Vincent Martinez, the brother of Minister Anthony 'Boots' Martinez had already predicted the landing of the plane via his Facebook page and the area in which it was expected to land in Belize. Furthermore, Martinez's Facebook post mentions that a senior officer is involved as well as 'two crash dummies' attached to the Southern Police Formation. [�]

Videos

• Brothers Habet Raffle, 10min.

• , min. A video from my quick trip to Belize in December 2018.

• Jon vs Belize, 10min.

• Belize 2018, 12min.

• whalesharks in belize, 1min.

• Ambergris Caye , Belize dive trip 2018, 7min.