FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, Reef TV, KREM, and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Belize Now, Talk Ah Di Town, and other specials.

The San Pedro Sun

Obituary: Remembering Wayne Thomas Castleberry
Wayne Thomas Castleberry, of Belize /San Pedro, died peacefully on Monday, July 8th, 2019, at the home of his youngest daughter, Rachel Castleberry Capron of Amarillo, Texas USA. Rachel was by his side as he took his last plane flight to Heaven. He was 82 years old. Wayne was born on November 17, 1936, in Merkle, Texas, to Faber and Rebecca Brown Castleberry. He was preceded in death by his wife, Jo Katherine Castleberry of Belize / San Pedro, and his loving sister, Mrs. June Simmons of McAllen, Texas. Wayne obtained his private pilot license at age 17 by forging his daddy's signature. He attended West Texas State University in Canyon, Texas and graduated from University of Texas-Pan American (UTPA) in Edinburgh, Texas with a degree in commercial pilot license. Wayne also was FAA Certified A&P - Airframe and Powerplant.

Wolfe's Woofer: Forgive Your Enemies
It's time for you to do your good deed for the year," Sherry said to me. "What do you mean by that?" My mission, as Sherry explained it, was to give old Ms. Gannet a ride to church and bring her home when the Sunday service ended. "Why do I have to do it?" "Because I promised to and I forgot that I'm going to Jim and Lisa's wedding." I got the old lady safely to church where she bullied me into coming in with her. The sermon for the day was "Forgiving Your Enemies."

Letter to the Editor: The bottom of the crab bucket in football
Dear Editor, As owner of the San Pedro Pirates F.C., 2018 - 2019 closing season champions of the Premier League of Belize, I shake my head, look down, close my eyes and wish the football community and present events was just all a bad dream. Through my first hand experience, I have seen hate, jealousy, greed, violence, corruption and backstabbing. All this from one community and one sport. I'm appalled by the difference this community, clubs, teams and individuals have against each other in this sport. It has given me no other choice but to throw out my "red card" at these circumstances.

Doctor Love: Pants on Fire
Dear Doctor Love, My marriage is in trouble, and it's my fault. I have a habit that I know hurts my wife, yet I don't stop. I promise to stop, but I don't, she finds out I'm still doing it, and then I tell a lie or make an excuse to get out of it. Naturally, this hurts her even more. It has become a terrible cycle of lies and hurt. I'm disgusted with myself when I fail to stop, but I constantly look for new ways to hide my actions. Then I feel even worse when I see the look in her eyes when she knows I'm lying to cover it up.

Various Belizean Sources

mzz

Miss Independence 2019
We present to you the beautiful delegates of Miss Independence pageant 2019. The following are official pictures taken by our photographer Mr. Dioni Marin. Who will be crowned as the New Miss Independence? Follow us on the Journey to the crown.

University of Belize 2019 Graduation Ceremony
The University of Belize had their 2019 commencement. They got tons of pictures. Congratulations, graduates! Now, go change the world for the better.

The Reporter

PUP Leader Recovering At Home After Accident
The Reporter spoke to leader of the PUP John Brice�o this morning via phone from his home, where he is recovering from a traffic accident on Friday. He told us that apart from cuts and bruises and stiffness, he is in good spirits and grateful to be alive.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Suspected burglar caught red-handed with stolen goods and marijuana
Robert Smith, 23, a resident of St. Ann's village near Maskall in the Belize district, [�]

Tourist apologizes: 'My actions were foolish'
Two photos of a tourist at an archeological site in Belize went viral on social [�]

NICH issues warning after photos of tourist drinking and peeing at a Maya site goes viral
A photo of a tourist drinking a Belikin beer at an Archeological Maya site in [�]

Chinese restaurant in Guinea Grass burglarized
Reports to BBN is that a popular Chinese restaurant in Guinea Grass, Orange Walk was [�]

Forestry Department seeking help in finding jaguar poachers
The Forestry Department is asking the public for information leading to the apprehension of the person/persons [�]

Belmopan Bandits on top as Premier League returns
The Premier League of Belize returned on July 27 for its 2019 opening season and [�]

Belize City resident reported missing
Police are asking the public to be on the lookout for 46-year-old Belize City resident [�]

Ranchito woman reported missing found alive
Police have confirmed that Consuela Ek, the woman from Ranchito Village who was reported, missing [�]

Videos

• Kids in Action 2019, 7min. 2019 Kids in Action Summer Program.

• PLB Opening Season | Wagiya SC vs Verdes FC | Live from The Carl Ramos Stadium, Dangriga, 2.5hr.

• Caye Caulker Entrepreneurs, 4min. On today's 5th segment of Caye Caulker Entrepreneurs we spoke to Mr.Jose and he told us about his fresh and delicious corn tortillas and other snacks.

• 10 Shocks of Belize, 13min. Belize, the English speaking country sandwiched between Mexico, Guatemala, and the Caribbean has a lot to enjoy for travelers. From Mayan ruins to swimming the Blue Hole. Here are some fun cultural shocks tourists have when they visit Belize.

• Chronixx Live in Belize 2019, 12.5min. Chronixx performs live at the Marion Jones Sporting Complex in Belize City, Belize to a sold out crowd!

• Diving Blue Hole, 4min.

• Belize Swimming with the Sharks, 5min. Spring Break 2019 Ambergris Caye & Caye Caulker

• CHICAGO Belize Day 2019, 70min.

• Riding in Belize, 2.5min. Horse back riding in Belize

• Belize Snorkeling Hol Chan Reef, 2min. Snorkeling in the pristine and protected reefs of Ambergris Caye, Belize in 2018. Gentile nurse sharks and rays

• Day Trip to Tikal, Guatemala from San Ignacio, Belize, 15min. This video will show you on how to go to Tikal from Belize by car.

• EARLY MORNING DRIVE SAN PEDRO ISLAND BELIZE, 7min.

• Nurse Sharks in Hol Chan Marine Reserve, Belize, 9min.

• Lobster Diving - Belize, 4min.

• Rain Forest Hike in Belize, 35min. After breakfast, we took a hike from the Blancaneaux Lodge to Big Rock Falls. The video has a map (pulled from Strava) showing how we got there. After a nice, refreshing swim by the waterfall, we hiked back along the main road. If staying at the Blancaneaux, you should definitely try this out!

• ROLLING IN BELIZE CITY, 8.5min.

• Coming in to Caye Caulker Belize, 3min.

• You'd Better Belize It!, 4.5min. Mr. MacKelvey travels with his five friends to Central America to zipline, cave tube, and snorkel the Belize Barrier Reef in June 2019.