In addition to the Gold Standard program, the Belize Tourism Board has created safe corridors for tourists when travel resumes in country. Please see the below infographic with detailed information when travelling in Belize's safe corridor.CLICK here
for larger version
Hotels approved to open within the safe corridor:
- Have achieved the Tourism Gold Standard Certificate of Recognition, and
- Are able to provide full service to guests. This means that these hotels are able to provide all amenities, so as to contain the guest on the property, and minimize opportunities for guest interaction within the local community. These amenities include having transportation to offer pick-up/drop-off services from the airport; access to a restaurant on property; have a pool or access to beach front; and be able to provide isolated tours, limited to guests of the property only.
In addition to the above, hotels will also be implementing:
- social distancing and the use of face masks while in public spaces;
- online check-in/out, contactless payment systems, and automated ordering/booking systems;
- hand sanitizing stations across the property;
- enhanced room cleaning and increase sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces;
- daily health checks for guests and employees;
- designated ‘Isolation/Quarantine rooms’ for suspected COVID-19 cases and action plans for handling suspected employees or guests.
Travelers will be able to enjoy their Belize vacation while being confident their safety is the hotel’s top priority.