Belize cop killed by Lord Ashcroft's daughter-in-law confided in friend that he was going on a date with someone whose name he would 'take to the grave' the night he met her

The prominent Belizean cop shot in the head by socialite Jasmine Hartin told a friend he was going on a date the night he was killed, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Police superintendent Henry Jemmott also joked that he would take the identity of the woman 'to the grave' with him, when the curious pal probed him for more details on the afternoon of May 27.

Jemmott, 42, had also boasted that he was staying for free at the Grand Colony Villas - a luxury resort operated by Hartin's husband Andrew Ashcroft, the son of British billionaire Lord Michael Ashcroft - in the swank coastal enclave of Ambergris Caye.

The resort is sandwiched between the gleaming new Alaia hotel, a recently-opened Ashcroft property, and the Mata Rocks hotel pier where Jemmott was found dead just a few hours after the conversation took place.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the Daily Mail

=============================

Cellmate of Lord Ashcroft's daughter-in-law says she was 'roughed up' by police after being arrested

An inmate at the San Pedro cell block, named only as Jose, told local media he was asleep when Hartin, who shares two children with Mr Ashcroft, was brought in by officers in the early hours of the morning.

'I noticed that she was really ****ed up. So I can't say if she was doing drugs or what but she was really, she was lost that night,' said.

'To be real with you what I saw in the morning, in the night that they brought her, really they were roughing her up because it was a cop that died. So to be real with you, what I saw it wasn't nice,' he added.

The inmate claimed Hartin's 'clothes were full of blood' and that she was swearing at police officers, asking them to give her a cigarette, but they refused, and then she demanded her medication.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the Daily Mail