Just a quick report: I was there from the 6th of August til the 26th,20 days in paradise.I just wonder if each trip gets better than the last.

I stayed at Banana Beach and have never stayed at a place like this in all my traveling years. Other than home, it is the next best thing. There are no words to describe the staff, they were the best. The hotel was very well decorated and spotless. I would recommend Bananas to anyone without hesitation.

I went on a few great tours. The catamaran "No Rush" with Unity Tours. It is a local family run operation and these guys really know the sea. You have a blast from the time the sail goes up. It goes to Hol Chan, Caye Caulker and Shark Ray Alley. I did the Manatee tour and Altun Ha/Maruba with Searious. Bacalar Chico, a trip that takes you around the island through the canal that the Mayas dug with Mexico on one side and the island on the other, with two snorkel stops and lunch, with Excaliber. I tried to scuba dive and that did not go to well, but you cannot do it all. Went to a beach barbeque with Hustler.

Ate at my favorite resturant,Papis, way more than once. Drank my favorite drink,Mata Coladas, at Mata Rocks.

Mostly just relaxed and enjoyed. Met alot of new people and saw alot of people from last year.

I would just like to thank everyone that was involved for making my vacation as wonderful as it was. The staff at Bananas,the bartender and maids at Coconuts and Mata Rocks, the tour guides, all the friends and familys that I became close to and last but not least,Thalia,we adopted each other for my entire stay.

Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/bzjackie

[This message has been edited by o jackie (edited 09-02-2002).]