Greeting to all, and our thoughts are with those in Belize.

My name is Gregg Branum, and have spent a great deal of time over recent years on Ambergris Caye. I work as a Tour Director for Ambassadair Travel Club in Indianapolis, and have taken numerous travel groups to the island and spent a few of my own vacations there as well. Those on the island are familiar with Ambassadair, and our members have developed a strong relationship with islanders over the past three decades.

Ambassadair Travel Club, just this morning set up a Belize Relief Fund to help our friends on the island. This is through Ambassadors for Children, a non-profit charitable organization set up by Ambassadair to help the less fortunate in the countries we travel to.

I in no way want to impede or draw away from the efforts of those heading with relief aid to the island in the next few days. If you can help through them, by all means do so. If, however, you would like to make a monetary contribution and don't have an available resource you may do so through us. Every CENT we collect will be forwarded to the San Pedro Town Council and other local charities. Checks should be made out to "Ambassadors for Children", and be sure to indicate "Belize Relief Fund" in the memo as we do work in a number of countries. The address is:

Ambassadors for Children
c/o Ambassadair Travel Club
7337 W. Washington St.
PO Box 51619
Indianapolis International Airport
Indianapolis, Indiana
46251-0619

As a fully accredited charitable organization, any donations to Ambassadors for Children are tax-deductible in the U.S. And every cent collected on this drive will be sent to Belize. Our agents will be delivering our contribution to the relief effort within the next 2 weeks (which is why if you can help sooner do so).

And for those leary of making donations to an organization you are unfamiliar with, I invite you to check us out at our website:
www.ambassadair.com/children/index.htm

Together we can help our friends is Belize.

Gregg Branum
Tour Director
Ambassadair Travel Club

[This message has been edited by GreggBranum (edited 10-04-2000).]