We went to both the Belize Yacht Club and Capricorn expecting meals "a cut above" the typical Restaurant - maybe our expectations were a bit too high. I'm not saying that we had any bad meals, but some times one wants a meal with a higher level of presentation and service. We had better food at Micky's and Cocina Caramba, at least to our tastes.

I did fail to complement Belikin beer, as it was very good. We drank more beer that week than we have had all year! No headaches either.

I compared Belize with Malta as both are not your mainstream vacation spots, at least for most Americans. Both are small, have a lot of history, great people and a variety of water activities. Yes, it is a big scuba destination for Europeans. It doesn't cost much more to fly to Malta, but vacationing in Malta was breathtaking and incredibly inexpensive.

We love traveling around the world and experiencing the varied cultures. There are a lot of places we still want to visit, but we are always happy to come home to our mini-farm in the hills of Tennessee. Belize is very nice.