we stayed at banana beach for 10 days last month...loved the suite and private balcony and awesome view over the water...plus the staff was absolutely wonderful to us...and the price for all that we got was very reasonable...

the only thing we didn't like so much was the very small beachfront area...basically, it is an area elevated from the water with a breakfront (water access in front of either property to the north or south)...and several rows of lounge chairs beside each other...often filled during the day when we were there...so no real private spots to choose from.

we also loved the look of ramon's...the beachfront is really great with lots of trees, chairs, and private spaces to relax. the pool area is also very pretty. i wouldn't hesitate to stay there as long as i had one of the beachfront cabanas. it is also very close to town...more in the heart of things...but still had a private feeling....i would say the closeness to town is a big plus but we didn't really mind our daily walks to town from banana beach...it was a great way to see more of the beachfront. javaman...no worries...you will love ramon's...we also spent a lot of time there snorkeling off their pier. it was never crowded either.

suntam...you should also check out caribe island...it is a little farther south past victoria house...so not really walking distance to town but they do have free shuttle service to town regularly and bikes available...renting a golf cart is also a great thing to do for an entire day of exploring. i recommend this property because it has everything else you are looking for and more...the grounds, pool area and beachfront are second to none...it is spectacular. you will feel like you're on a secluded island. there is also a wonderful restaurant on their pier and a great beach bar by the pool. prices are very reasonable and i hear nothing but great things about the staff there. if you don't mind the farther distance to town...about 3 miles or so...i'm sure you would find it a perfect place to stay without kids.